Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Soundtouch 20 won´t connect to wifi network and Can´t pair it with bluetooth (PART II)

Guys:  After 3 days working fine, my soundtouch 20 stop working throught wifi. When? after trying to connect an iphone by bluetooth. Now, soundtouch doesn´t work either wifi and bluetooth.

Please help, it is very very annoying and disapointing spend hours trying to connetc, restarting, disconnecting router, PC, Speakers etc etc.

The problem is:

1.- wifi: Bose app in windows says "couldn´t find wifi networks" even when i m sorroudedby wifi networks. I even tried with the portatil wifi zone from by phone and app doesn´t find any wifi network. Thus, is not my router´s problem.

Using the androidand  iphone app, the bose inernal wifi doesnt appear.

2.- Bluetooth; Can´t pair with any bluetooth device, the bluetooth simbol apper on the speaker but doesn´t appear the "ready to pair" text.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 20 won´t connect to wifi network (PART II and worst)

Bose´s customer services Guys! please Help!

I don´t know what else to do. I tried wit my Samnsung Phone as router and also tried with my neighbour´s router. Nothing happens.

Also, can not connect to Bluetooh.

The only way is through Ethernet Cable.

Another symthom is that neither the android app or windows app can connect to the speaker trough ethernet, but when i press 1 on the keypad where previosly i stored a spotify playlist, both the speaker start playing and both software coonect it instantly.

That makes me think also that the "reset to factory default" is not working, otherwise the spotify playlist on number 1 of the keypad should be deleted, should it?

Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Still waiting for help from Bose. Are someone from Tech support reading this posts?

@roliva wrote:

Bose´s customer services Guys! please Help!

I don´t know what else to do. I tried wit my Samnsung Phone as router and also tried with my neighbour´s router. Nothing happens.

Also, can not connect to Bluetooh.

Still waiting for Bose´s answer. Are there someone from tech support reading this posts????

The only way is through Ethernet Cable.

Another symthom is that neither the android app or windows app can connect to the speaker trough ethernet, but when i press 1 on the keypad where previosly i stored a spotify playlist, both the speaker start playing and both software coonect it instantly.

That makes me think also that the "reset to factory default" is not working, otherwise the spotify playlist on number 1 of the keypad should be deleted, should it?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi roliva, 

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Curiously, do your other systems play normally? Also, to clarify, you tried to factory default by using this procedure HERE? A factory default should definitely delete your presets. If you tried the factory default, something may be not working properly with the system. Please reach out to your local service group so they can assist. If you go to the site HERE, select your country, scroll down and click on "Contact Us", you should see their phone number. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Hello Brent:

Yes, All other systems works normally and connect to wifi including:

Iphone

Samsung S7 

Samsung TV

Playstation 4

Laptop

Amazon Echo Show 

Yes, i tried the procedure you describe and try factory dafults also,the probles is the sysme says: Restoring... but never ends, i have to unplug it afeter 1 o 2 hours waiting for reboot

Can you help me with the pairing proceess at lest?, is not working also. The bluettoth symbol appears but can´t pair and tthe text "ready to pair" doesn´t appear