Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Soundtouch 20 won´t connect to wifi network

I have tried everything, speaker just don´t connect to wifi. Please Bose tech support help me!.

Yes, it works with ethernet connection

Yes, router is close, same room of the speaker

Yes, i have tried with android app and windows app. Bose software was able to connect to wifi network once and later after a couple of minutes disconnected. Later, tried to connected again but Bose software simply can´t find wifi network (we can´t find wifi network, please restart your router and wait 30 seconds and bla bla bla)

It should be simply to connect to wifi , but don´t. Let me tell you smtg, i have several devicees connected to my wifi network (PS4, Samnsung TV, Amazon Alexa, Andorid devices, Iphone) but the only device i can´t connect is my just bought Bose Sountouch 20. Please HElp, because wire-connected doesnt work for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 20 won´t connect to wifi network

Author Accepted Answer selected by roliva

Hi roliva, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. Curiously, what is the make and model of your router? Can you try the steps outlined in the article HERE to see if they help? Please let us know if these steps resolve it or not. 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi roliva,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with connecting your system to Wi-Fi.

So just to confirm, you are able to connect it to Wi-Fi?  But after a few minutes it disappears.  Does it disappear from the SoundTouch app, or does it disconnect from your router?

What is the LED on the front of the system doing?  Is it staying solid white?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Hi Brandon. Wow ! thanks for your quisk response!!

I was able to connect the speaker to wifi twice, once with the android app and once with windows app. Both times, after a couple of minutes the soundtouch speaker disconnected from wifi and the wifi led stayed blinking.

That´s the first problem , because i wanted to connected to wifi again but, using the android app was not posible again bacause the screen with the network information (wifi name and password) dissapear so fast that i can´t write information on it and the the process to find network starts over again.

Similar situation with windows app, but this time it appear " We can´t find any wifi network to connect to".. or smtg like that,  but that´s is imposible bacause:

1.- The laptop is connected to my wifi network.

2.- I can see many wifi signals with my phone in the same room.

Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Hello Brandon. ¿Do you have some news about any solution to the issue i reproted?

Thanks a lot!

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi roliva,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with connecting your system to Wi-Fi.

So just to confirm, you are able to connect it to Wi-Fi?  But after a few minutes it disappears.  Does it disappear from the SoundTouch app, or does it disconnect from your router?

What is the LED on the front of the system doing?  Is it staying solid white?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by roliva

Hi roliva, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. Curiously, what is the make and model of your router? Can you try the steps outlined in the article HERE to see if they help? Please let us know if these steps resolve it or not. 

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

It Works!. i Did nothing new , but qhen turn it on it connected to wifi.

thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi roliva,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to connect the SoundTouch 20 to the WiFi network! Let us know if you have any additional questions or experience any further difficulties!

Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
roliva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Guys:  After 3 days working fine, my soundtouch 20 stop working throught wifi. When? after trying to connect an iphone by bluetooth. Now, soundtouch doesn´t work either wifi and bluetooth.

Please help, it is very very annoying and disapointing spend hours trying to connetc, restarting, disconnecting router, PC, Speakers etc etc.

Carsten Holm
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Will Sound Touch conekt to WI FI 5,2 ?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi roliva, 

We have responded to your post HERE

Hi Carsten Holm,

If your system supports Bluetooth, it should be able to connect to both a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network. Which system do you have? 

Thank you