Highlighted
dovmark
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Soundtouch 20 - wont connect to wifi

With every update - i swear it gets worst. 

Driving me bonkers now - I cannot connect to speaker with either my ipad or iphone through wifi from spotify or through the soundtouch app. From the soundtouch app I can turn the device on and off - but it just wont start playing music. Even when I try to add a spotify playlist to a preset (to see if that works better) it say "sorry you can set that preset now"

I can press one of the presets on the device and it will play internet radio - so it is connected to network ok

Bluetooth cuts in and out sometimes also

Update - now cannot connect to bluetooth either - can see the speaker but says cannot connect

I have factory reset speaker - reinstalled software and it actually made it worst.

Using Google Wifi 

Spotify via bluetooth works fine connecting to Soundlink headphones 

5 REPLIES 5
Johan von Solms
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 11, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 20 - wont connect to wifi

I have the same problem since updating to 20.0.6.

Have three speakers. Some days all are still on the network and then suddenly one day, one or two will be disconnected and I have to re-connect them.

Now this morning the one speaker will not connect at all. I have tried all the avenues and it goes through the process fine, but when I exit the setup the speaker is disconnected.

Intermittent problem seems to be gone, but now a worse problem strikes.

tjthayer
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Also seeing this on a SoundTouch 20 that we just updated the software on. Have to reconnect to the network EVERY TIME we turn it on now. It's in the same room as the router (about 15 feet away).

Hi dovmark,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

Are you able to remove the SoundTouch 20 from the pairing list on your Bluetooth device?  Is your bluetooth device a smartphone by chance?

Are you also not able to reconnect the system to your Wi-Fi?

@Johan von Solms & @tjthayer - Have you attempted factory resets on your systems?  As well, what is the brand and model of your wireless router?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

dovmark
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Update - took it off the Google WIFI this weekend and connected to another router and have not had an issue all weekend. So I assume it must not like the google home? Any idea why? Every other device I have works fine with the Google WIFI router

Hi dovmark,

Thank you for getting back to us with how you got your SoundTouch system to work.

It would be hard to pinpoint what the exact point of failure is when trying to connect to the Google WiFi over a community thread. 

The best resolution to look into this would be to contact support via phone for further troubleshooting.

Kind Regards,

Joel