danwalden1
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2017

Soundtouch 20

Hello,

We recently purchased 5 soundtouch 20's to be spread across our workshop floor.

Everytime we play all 5 together, after a short while they will start dropping out - playing no music/radio.

Can anyone suggest anything? we have tried using both connections (wireless & ethernet) and it makes no difference.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 20

Hi danwalden1, 

I'm very sorry to hear that. Can you try the steps outlined in the article HERE to see if they help? What is the make and model of the router you are using? What source do you typically play (Internet Radio, Spotify, etc)?

Thank you 

danwalden1
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 20

Hello @Brent_B,

Thanks for the responce.

Looking at the article you linked me, we have tried most of them. The point about "Confirm the systems' network connection statuses are either Good or Great. For instructions, see Determining the received signal strength. If the received signal strength is Fair or Poor with one or more systems, there will be a greater need for bandwidth by these systems, which may exceed the router's capabilities when streaming audio to multiple systems" is a interesting one.

Being a workshop, we have quite a few devices on the network. I will try the simple steps and get back to you.

Dan