Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2016

Soundtouch 220 losing connection with wifi network

Hello

Even with the latest manual firmware update of january 17, my Soundtouch is losing connection with the wifi network. It is less than before the update but it is still there,with a frequency of once an hour or so

In the Sountouch app the RSSI is fluctuating between bad and excellent.  My wifi signal is 2.4 GHz on Channel 6
I also have the possibilty to switch it to 5 GHz but that doesn't help
Any suggestion ?

Kind regards

Gijs
The Netherlands

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 220 losing connection with wifi network

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gijs

Hi Gijs,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear this is continuing to happen to you. There are some helpful steps Brian has posted that are located HERE. Let me know if any of this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Gijs

Hi Gijs,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear this is continuing to happen to you. There are some helpful steps Brian has posted that are located HERE. Let me know if any of this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2016

I followed the helpful steps of Brian and made the following changes to my modem:

- connected a fixed IP address to my Soundtouch instead of a DHCP address

- made the lease time 24 hours instead of 1 hour. Is it possible to make this time longer (disadvantage/advantage) ?

- changed the 2.4 GHz wifi connection of my Soundtouch to 5 GHz with less interference. My 2.4 and 5 GHz has now also to different SSIDs

Although my RSSI is still fluctuating my Soundtouch is not losing connection anymore. Maybe my fluctuating RSSI is caused by a (too) long distance to my wifi modem, but the fluctuation is not influencing my connection. If necessary I will boost the wifi signal, but at the moment it's working fine.

Thx for the link to the helpful steps.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Gijs, 

Thanks for responding and letting us know what you've done. It's good to hear that everything seems to be working. I definitely like a lease time closer to 24 hours over an hour. I usually don't use the shorter lease times unless I'm trying to debug something. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support