Spmillsy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Soundtouch 30, 10 and 300 sound bar drop off app routinely and can't be found

We have a Soundtouch 300 sound bar, a Soundtouch 30 and Soundtouch 10.

They all routinely become undetectable on the Soundtouch app. If you try to reconnect in the app they can't be found. Yet if you use the presets or the spotify app it connects and plays (most of the time).

The only way I can get them to reconnect to the Soundtouch app is either power them off or press the 2 & - to enter setup. The app generally can't find them and I have to basically reprogram the WiFi settings. This is crazy because they are still playing through Spotify using the WiFi so they were connected. Just on the purposely built and design Bose Soundtouch app.

Please fix this otherwise the system is useless and I could have just bought a Bluetooth speaker.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundtouch 30, 10 and 300 sound bar drop off app routinely and can't be found

Author Accepted Answer selected by Spmillsy

Hi Spmillsy,

Thank for getting back to me with details of your network.

The Netgear C6300 modem/router combo series has been deemed incompatible with SoundTouch a few years back due to the multicast issues. This is why you're running into an issue with system detection within the SoundTouch app. 

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Soundtouch 30, 10 and 300 sound bar drop off app routinely and can't be found

Hello Spmillsy,

Thank you for posting and welcome!

We 're sorry to see you're running into a system detection issue with the SoundTouch app. You shouldn't have to continuously have to keep putting the systems into setup mode to be detected since we know that they are working with Spotify.

What is the make, model and age of your router? Have you tried rebooting it to see if it fixes the issue with detection by unplugging it from power for 30 seconds?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

allanhelen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

I had a similar problem with devices not being found in the app, as i have A sound touch 10, 20, 300, Wave IV, SA-5 and a wireless link.

I have dual band WiFi in the house and the devices were on a mix of 2.4ghz and 5ghz depending an what my phone was connected to when i set them up. After looking at the RSSI signal strength in the setting of the soundtouch app I could see that the ones on the 5ghz network were showing a poor signal strength as they happened to be furthest away from the router. I then tried connecting all the devices to the 2.4ghz network and this has pretty much fixed the issues they all now have a great signal and 95% of the time all of the devices are available immediatly in the soundtouch app.

I read somewhere that bose says you should only have 4 devices on wifi but i had more running without a problem, I've since connected my 300 to a LAN cable as it just happens to sit right by the router and that is always 100% present on the app but it was also working fine on WiFi too.

Highlighted
Spmillsy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Hi Joel,

The router is a Netgear C6300BD-1TLAUS, it is 2 years old.

My speakers lost detection again today and I powered down the router and restarted it and the speakers were detected again in the app.

However, they also become detectable if I power down the speaker and reboot.

Today I lost all speakers but sometimes we only lose one speaker.

I have also seen it where a speaker is detable on one phone app but not on the other phone app. We are both running Android operating systems. I have an IPad app as well but I haven't checked this recently. Next time we lose one or more speakers I will compare each app's connectivity.

I will monitor to see when they do it again. Are there any settings I should check on the router?
Spmillsy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Hi allanhelen,

Thanks for the feedback. At the moment we have 3 units connected.

I checked the signal strength and 2 are on great, the 3rd is on good.

I can understand that a speaker is dropped, but if it is still connected to WiFi (which it is because I can play music through it) then I would expect to be able to tap the speaker in the app and just reconnect it. The app provides that option with the link 'speaker already connected to network'. But this doesn't work and I have to either reprogram the WiFi connect or power down something.

I struggle to see that as a router issue. Dropping could be the router but not that the app isn't able to reconnect, surely must be a software issue.

Hopefully Bose can resolve.
allanhelen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Your router is a duel band one right? do you have seperate SSID's for the 2 different bands? if you do try forcing everthing to connect to one including the phones tablets etc. if you don't go into your router and set it up to have different SSID's for the 2 different bands. 

if you look at old support posts it is one of the suggestions bose give, it worked for me

Author Accepted Answer selected by Spmillsy

Hi Spmillsy,

Thank for getting back to me with details of your network.

The Netgear C6300 modem/router combo series has been deemed incompatible with SoundTouch a few years back due to the multicast issues. This is why you're running into an issue with system detection within the SoundTouch app. 

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Hi allanhelen,

Thank you for helping on the community.

This is always much appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Spmillsy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Hi Joel,

Where can I find details of compatible snd incomparible routers?
Community Manager

Hi Spmillsy,

The router we've seen with the most success (also what I'm using personally) is the Nighthawk series of routers by Netgear.  The one I use is the R7000 which hasn't let me down in the last 4 years.  I would definitely recommend looking into this line of routers.

Warm Regards,

Tony A