SM
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30 AUX Latency

You are just trying to muddy the waters so that in the end everyone can be left confused, and  your happy ending. Guitar / microphone adapters don't have their own latency issues. Where did you hear that? Let alone the L1 Compact, they work fine even with my Bose Companion 20 powered PC speakers with no latency issue. 

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@SM wrote:

You are just trying to muddy the waters so that in the end everyone can be left confused, and  your happy ending. Guitar / microphone adapters don't have their own latency issues. Where did you hear that? Let alone the L1 Compact, they work fine even with my Bose Companion 20 powered PC speakers with no latency issue. 

My intention is not to muddy the waters but to explain that certain devices work better with these Sound Touch speakers,  where multi-room and latency is concerned. Also the SoundTouch speakers are not designed to work as a PA (Mic, Guitar)or Home Theatre speaker. Again, people have tried and reported less than great results.

I suggest you call Bose directly, they can help you with your specific questions. 

Complaints about latency and the SoundTouch AUX in port are well documented on this forum. 

SM
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2016

Thank you for acknowledging that it is a known issue with SoundTouch 30 and for acceding to it NOT being a known issue with guitar / microphone adapters. I have already marked my response as the solution even before you came into the discussion, I don't need to contact your representative for an explanation.