Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Soundtouch 30 Lagging

I recently purchased a Soundtouch 30 and whenever I play music from my iphone or mac the songs tend to delay and break. I don't understand why it can't play continusly, I've tried multiple devices ans they all do the same. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30 Lagging

Hello jagyekum,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. Curiously, is this happening while playing SoundTouch music sources (using either the preset buttons, or the SoundTouch app), or are you connecting via Bluetooth?

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

I’m connecting via Bluetooth I have a sound wave IV and mini soundlink that don’t lag at all but when I use my SoundTouch it’ll the music breaks and lags
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi jagyekum,

Thank you for your reply. Let's try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Clear the system's Bluetooth device list, and re-pair your devices to the system:
    • Turn the system is on
    • Press and hold the Bluetooth|AUX button for about 10 seconds
    • The system will emit a 'bee-boop' tone, indicating that the stored pairing list has been cleared. The button can then be released
    • In the source device's Bluetooth settings, remove the Bose system from the device's paired device list memory (refer to device's documentation for instructions)
    • Place the Bluetooth device to be paired close to the system
    • Enable Bluetooth in the device's settings
    • In the device's Bluetooth settings, select "Add a new device" or "Search for devices" and wait for the device to search
    • From the list of discovered devices that appears on the device, select "Bose SoundTouch"
    • If the device requests a password/PIN, enter "0000"
    • Once successfully paired, the SoundTouch system name will appear in the device's Bluetooth list and a chirping tone will emit from the system's speakers

Let us know if these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Unfortunately this did not work either
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi jagyekum,

Sorry to hear this didn't help. Here are a few other things to consider/try:

• Reset the system
    • Simply disconnect power for 1 minute, then reconnect.
  • Make sure the Bluetooth source device (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.) is within 30ft of the speaker. 
  • If your system is connected to your home network via Wi-Fi, and you have a dual-band router, consider connecting it to the 5GHz band rather than the 2.4GHz band.
    • The system's 2.4 GHz antenna is used for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. If the system is in an area with lower Wi-Fi signal strength, Bluetooth reliability can be reduced since the system is using it's 2.4 GHz antenna to (1) continuously ping the router to stay connected and (2) to communicate with the Bluetooth device. Connecting the system to a 5 GHz network will free up the 2.4 GHz antenna for Bluetooth use

• Avoid sources of wireless interference:

• Try to move the system away from devices such as:

• television

• cable/satellite receivers

• dimmer switches

• fluorescent/energy-saving lights

• blinking seasonal lights

• wireless router

• microwave or other appliances

• Note: The devices listed above can emit varying levels of interference. Makes and models of a particular device may present more of an issue than others of the same device type, while others can present no issue at all. 

• Avoid physical obstructions between the source device and the speaker

• Physical objects can sometimes impede wireless signals including Bluetooth. Moving the device so there is a clear line of sight may improve performance.

Try these suggestions and let us know if there is any improvement! 

Best regards,

Brian