Highlighted
Jasonrob
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Soundtouch 30 and pairing with samsung Phone

Hi All,

I took delivery of my soundtouch on Friday and when i connect my Samsung s8 to the device it takes forever to connect and it`s always a new pairing, this is the same for my wifes phone also. When she connects it does the same and whn i want to useu it again i have to do a fresh install of the speaker via the soundtouch app.

We have an Ipad and this connects instantly! any help on this is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30 and pairing with samsung Phone

Hi Jasonrob, 

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. Can you try the steps outlined in the article HERE to see if they help? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Jasonrob
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Bluetooth is not the problem, it's with pairing the phone and unit via the ST app

Hi Jasonrob, 

Please make sure your SoundTouch app, and your speaker are up to date on all devices. Also, please completely shut your app down, and restart the impacted phones. 

If this does not help, please try to reset your speaker by following the steps below: 

1. Turn off the product
  2. Unplug the product's power cord from the power outlet for 30 seconds
  3. Reconnect the power cord. A "beep-boop" uptone should sound within 10 seconds indicating the system is receiving power
  4. Retest the system

Kind regards, 

Irina