Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Armoni
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Soundtouch 30 buying decision.

Hello, 

I own an old wave music system series II. I enjoy it very much. Looking for an "updated" gear, I when to the local Bose retailer to hear the Acoustic Wave. They told me that it was discontinued. I asked for a demo of the new Soundtouch 30 series III. I liked the sound and features very much but decided to do some online research before buying. Then I read about the auxiliary input sound delay issue. I use my Wave II mostly as a better sounding alternative for the TV audio. The auxiliary input delay is inaceptable to me since the image and sound will be out of sync. As many customers, I will not buy the Soundtouch 30 for now. Is Bose planning to solve this issue in future series or models?

Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30 buying decision.

Hi Armoni,

Thanks for the question.  I don't know if the development team will be changing the auxiliary delay on the SoundTouch 30 system, but I'll pose the question to the development team to see if it's a possibility or on the roadmap.

You also might want to consider a different system, like the SoundTouch 300 if you are using it primarily for television sound.

If you have any further questions please let us know!

Best,

Brandon

Armoni
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Hello Brandon,

Sorry for the late reply. I have found some used Acoustic Wave units on eBay. Some appear to be nearly new at very good prices. Probably, I will buy one of these. They lack the streaming capacities of the SoundTouch series but I can stream from my android Media Player or Chromecast Audio. Thanks for your interest and advise.

wielkizderzacz
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Hi, Brandon.

Nevertheless, please ask about the possibility to turn off the dsp and remove aux delay. I know it was stated on this forum that it's impossible, but perhaps there is some more recent news on the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.
Armoni
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Hello Brandon,

I finally bought one used Acoustic Wave II. I know is discontinued. But I have a question

I have not found an answer online. What is the polarity of the DC power input? Is the center tip positive as usual? Thank you.

Regards,

Luis

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Armoni,

You are correct, the center tip is positive like most other barrel connectors.

Thanks,

Brandon

Armoni
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Hello again,

Thanks for the answer. I've got an Acoustic Wave II.  It is more powerful than my Wave music system. The sound is very good. Since it is used I was looking for a new woofer to have a replacement if necessary. I know that the woofer p/n is 108515 but  there are 2 "versions" one of them is just "108515", the other is "108515 K" . Please let me know the difference and which one will fit my AWMS II.   Thank you very much!