Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbhishekShahdeo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Soundtouch 30 connection issue

Hi, since the past few months, I have been unable to add my soundtouch 30 speaker to the soundtouch app. Have gone through all the troubleshooting including resetting the speaker, uninstalling the app, adding again, moving the speaker to another place. Every time I reset, I am able to connect the speaker to the WiFi. The WiFi signal turns white and I have seen the information of the WiFi upon pressing 5 + vol- button as well. However, at the last step of renaming the speaker to add to the app, it throws an error saying some error occurred, please try again later. Please help. I have used iPhones, android phone and a laptop to connect. Nothing works. 

9 REPLIES 9
Jessie_O

Re: Soundtouch 30 connection issue

Hi AbhishekShahdeo, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with connecting your SoundTouch 30 to the SoundTouch application. I'll be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend help forcing an update to your speaker by pressing and holding the 4 and volume minus button together for 10 seconds. The screen should count you down on the front. You should do this when you have successfully connected the speaker to your network and you have a solid white LED at the front. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AbhishekShahdeo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Hi, thanks for responding. But this doesn’t work for me either. I had tried this step earlier as well and now again after resetting. Firstly upon pressing 4 and - vol, I can see a countdown of 5 seconds. Don’t know if that’s how it’s supposed to be. Anyway, the screen doesn’t get past 1 second to finish. So it doesn’t update. I tried with both WiFi and Ethernet connection. Neither works.

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us!

I'm sorry this hasn't worked for me. The next step would be to try and manually update your SoundTouch 30. 

You can do this by following the instructions outlined HERE

Let me know how it goes! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
AbhishekShahdeo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Thanks, but still no luck 🙁. I updated the speaker. Hoping mine is series III as I purchased that in 2018. The system rebooted after the update but still showing the same error while trying to connect to the app.

Vicky_W

Thanks for confirming. I know it sounds strange but please can you try creating a new SoundTouch account and try adding the speaker to that please?

AbhishekShahdeo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Hi, i tried logging in to a different id, but still the same. however, what I didn't highlight was that the last time I tried updating and today again with the update.stu file as in the link, the screen fades after reaching 100% (text greys out) and it doesn't reboot. The last time I had to switch off and update again. Today, I again reset the speaker to factory settings, and tried updating the same way and again, nothing happens after reaching 100%. It gets stuck at "100% installing updates". so i don't know if  its actually updating.

Jessie_O

Thank you for letting us know! If you are able to update again, it's likely that it is not updating correctly. 

At this point, there isn't anything more I can suggest. I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help you! 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

AbhishekShahdeo
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Soundtouch 30 connectvity issue

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Soundtouch-30-connection-issue/m-p/300232#M87791 Please look at the link on Bose community. I am unable to connect my Soundtouch 30 speaker to the soundtouch app. Need assistance please.

Thanks

Vicky_W

Re: Soundtouch 30 connectvity issue

Hello AbhishekShahdeo,

Following on from what Jessie_O has said, please follow the link provided to contact your local support team. 

Thanks for your understanding!