Highlighted
kitoli
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

Soundtouch 30 dissappeared from available devices on Spotify Connect

Hi.

My Soundtouch 30 Series II is no longer available on the Spotify Connect device list, it just dissappeared. It's still available through Airplay. 

Also, I can connect it using Spotify through the Bose app. 

I have reseted it, doublecheced it has the most recet update, reseted all my iPhones and devices, and still not appearing in the Spotify Connect list. 

However, my Soundtouch 20 in the other room still appears on the list in Spotify and it's connected to the same wifi network. Working just fine. 

Can you help? I rather have both devices in the Spotify Connect list. 

Thanks. 

Chris. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30 dissappeared from available devices on Spotify Connect

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your system.  Have you done a power cycle on everything?  SoundTouch, device with Spotify and your wireless router?

If that doesn't work, can we try a factory default on the SoundTouch system, then set it back up to your Wi-Fi and SoundTouch account?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
kitoli
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

Hi there. 

Thanks for the reply and your sugestions, none of them work. Soundtouch 30 does not appear as part of the availabe devices for Spotify Connect. 

The only way I have managed to work it around is play music on my Spotify account but from the Bose App. Then I ask the app to open Spotify and voila! Spotify is now playing on Soundtouch through Spotify Connect. It's works but it's annoying to do this everytime. 

Please advise.

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi kitoli,

Thank you for providing this update. Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue with Spotify Connect. Since everything works with the SoundTouch app, it sounds like everything is working on the SoundTouch side of things. For some reason, the Spotify app seems to be having a detection issue. Have you tried the Spotify app on multiple devices? If so, do you get the same issue on all devices? Also, what devices are you using?  

Here are a few more troubleshooting suggestions:

• Try toggling the Wi-Fi setting on the device trying to connect to the Bose system
    • There may be an issue with the network connection of the device. Turning the Wi-Fi functionality off and back on may resolve the issue. Once Wi-Fi has been re-enabled, be sure the device is connecting to the desired network as it may automatically connect to another network.

• Check if Spotify is in Offline Mode

• Offline Mode should be disabled so the app can connect to a system on the Wi-Fi network.

• If you haven't already, try rebooting all devices, including your mobile device, router, and SoundTouch speaker. 

• Finally, make sure all of your SoundTouch speakers are running the latest firmware. (I know you mentioned the Spotify app was up to date, but please make sure this is true with all SoundTouch components as well). 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

felipefaccini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

I have the same issue with my soundtouch 30 II. It diapers from my available divices. Soundtouch 10 still there. And it does appear on my wife's phone, with her account, not but not on my phone
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi felipefaccini,

We have a software update that is starting to roll out today. When you get prompted for the update, can you check and see if it fixes your issue? One of the bug fixes called out in the release notes HERE should resolve this. Please let us know. 

Thank you!