Soundtouch 30 series 3 keeps losing bass.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundtouch 30 series 3 keeps losing bass.

Hello Guys,

I just bought a soundtouch 30 series 3. Set-up and wifi and bluetooth connectivity are all good except that everytime i put something to play the bass cuts off after around 6-7min of play. I had to unplug and replug the device to regain the bass and afterwards the bass is lost again.

I bought the item from US and i'm using it in mauritius where voltage is between 220-240v.

From what i researched there may be some problem with voltage itself concerning this product.(need step down transformer..i don't know if this will work)

Has anyone encounter similar problem and can kindly help.
Thank you
Girish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Soundtouch 30 series 3 keeps losing bass.

Hello Joel

Thanks for the advice. Indeed i bought a step down transformer of 110 v and now it is working perfectly. Hope this could help others with similar issue.

Kind Regards

Girish.

2 REPLIES

Hello Girish,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're running into this issue, but I'd like to help. 

The SoundTouch 30 is not a dual voltage system, the one you purchased in the US is rated for 100-120 V. So for this to work without damaging the system, you would need to buy a step-down transformer. 

I personally would recommend to unplug the system from power in the meantime until the transformer is purchased.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hello Joel

Thanks for the advice. Indeed i bought a step down transformer of 110 v and now it is working perfectly. Hope this could help others with similar issue.

Kind Regards

Girish.