Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Soundtouch 30 speaker to samsung Q7F smart tv

How do I connect my soundtouch 30 speaker to the soundbar or Samsung Q7F tv for tv audio?

I was able to connect the speaker to the soundbar and could play music on my phone.

I need to know how to connect ST 30 speaker to system for tv audio.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 30 speaker to samsung Q7F smart tv

Hi Tammyklue

Thanks for posting in the community! 

What type of soundbar is currently connected to the TV?  And what kind of connection were you using to get them to play together with the SoundTouch 30 system?

Once we find this out we'll be able to help with the configuration of this setup.

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

I have a sound touch 300 connected via optical cable to the tv. I was trying to connect the speaker to the soundtouch 300 via bluetooth.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Tammyklue,

Thank you for the update.

The SoundTouch 300 soundbar Bluetooth functionality is only a receiver and not a transmitter. This basically means it can only receive a signal from a mobile device for streaming audio to the speaker. If you wanted to stream the source from your SoundTouch 300 to the SoundTouch 30, you can do this by opening the SoundTouch app on your mobile device and choosing "Play All" from the SoundTouch 300 when its selected in the SoundTouch application. But I will let you know there will be a delay from the SoundTouch 300 soundbar to the SoundTouch 30 when streaming TV audio. 

Let us know how this works out for you.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support