nsykca
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Soundtouch 30 static/crackle noises

I received a Bose SoundTouch 30 speaker as a gift recently, and the sound is mostly great. I've had this speaker about 2 weeks, and I just noticed that it is emitting a cracking/static type noise when it is powered on. This occurs whether or not any music is playing at the time. I have three total Bose SoundTouch speakers in my current setup. The other two SoundTouch 10 speakers do not have this problem.

The current set up in my home is:

1 SoundTouch 30 speaker

2 SoundTouch 10 speakers

All connected to same WiFi network, managed through the Bose SoundTouch app (iOS)

This product was purchased on QVC. If I have to return it, will I need the sale information?

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Re: Soundtouch 30 static/crackle noises

Hello nsykca, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some static from your SoundTouch 30 Speaker. 

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reset of your speaker. You can do this by the following instruction: On the top of your product, press and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds until the display goes blank.

Following this, I would also try connecting a different audio device to your speaker, do you get the same static response?

In regards to returns, this will be under the terms and conditions of QVC. 

I look forward to hearing from you, please let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Dnags7
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I also have this issue and it’s not a location issue.  I have tried everything!!  I wish Bose would own up to a flaw in the SoundTouch 30.

Hector_B

Hey Dnags7, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further with this. 

Let's start with the post above, can you please let me know if you have attempted the reset and other devices as mentioned by Tegan above? This will allow us to understand your issue a little further! If you could also make us aware of which steps you have attempted so we don't get you to repeat anything this would be very helpful. 

If you've tried the above steps and do not see any improvements, try factory resetting your SoundTouch speaker. To do this, press and hold the "1" and "Volume -" buttons simultaneously on the top of the speaker. If your speaker has a screen, you'll see a countdown with instructions. If you have the SoundTouch 10 speaker, hold until the Wi-Fi LED begins to flash white.

If you have tried all troubleshooting as suggested, and the issue persists across all sources, there may be a hardware fault with your speaker. Please contact support in your region directly to service your speaker. Click HERE, select your region, and use the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of the page. Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Dnags7
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I have had this issue for a couple of years now and have called Bose a few times to try to rectify it. Every time they sound confused and tell me to do the same thing, reset it and try plugging in another source. It is clearly an issue inherent with the SoundTouch 30s as I also have a 20 and a 10 with no issues. For some reason Bose does not wanna own up to the fact that their SoundTouch 30 has this crackling static sound especially noticeable at low levels of volume.   There should’ve been some kind a factory recall...I thought Bose was just better than that but clearly they’re not.

ajaybds2003
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Have a soundtouch 30 speaker which is around 4 years old.It has recently making crackling or static sound .It makes this sound foe bluetooth as well as the wen using the tune in radio.im from india