Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

Soundtouch 30 will not connect to wifi

I have a soundtouch that has been previous connected to a network at my apartment. We bought a home and have a new network. No matter what I try I cannot connect. I've rebooted, reset using #1 and - volume, turned off network and reset, restarted Xfinity wifi, reloaded the app and nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30 will not connect to wifi

Hi miznicki21,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been experiencing. I'd be happy to help!

Thanks for letting us know about the troubleshooting you've already performed. This is very helpful!

Since you have performed the factory default reset (volume - and 1), I'm assuming you see a solid amber Wi-Fi indicator on the front of your SoundTouch 30, correct? If so, this means your system is ready for setup. If you don't see this indicator, what color do you see? Also, is the indicator flashing or solid?

What type of device are you using the SoundTouch app on? We'd recommend using a mobile device if possible. 

If you are seeing a solid amber indicator:

• Open the SoundTouch app
  • Select the menu icon in the top-left corner
  • Select "Settings"
  • Select "Add or Reconnect Speaker"
  • Choose Wi-Fi, and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • If you already have a solid white indicator, choose "Already connected to network"

Let us know if these steps help! If you run into any issues, please let us know at which step the problem occurred, and any error codes or error messages that appear. 

Best regards,

Brian