amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Soundtouch 30 won't connect to my network

Hi

I am from Sri Lanka. I have bose soundtouch 30. My home internet is a fibre connection. since the last update, it won't connect to my network. I mean the wifi is working but cannot run any online radio channels. So I reset my bose setup and try to add it. but it will be stuck "naming speaker" part. try to add several times. but not adding. so I just used my other phone as a wifi hotspot (mobile network) and bose soundtouch work with it. This problem happened since the last update for the bose soundtouch. and I used my wifi hotspot device. and bose soundtouch work with that also. but with my home network it's not working. before the update, my bose was working really well. after the update has this issue. is there any firmware update for this? I really need this help from bose tech side.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Soundtouch 30 won't connect to my network

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Amd2020, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this issue. 

I would recommend ensuring that you have WiFi assist disabled on your device so the SoundTouch can connect to the WiFi network. Can you please also confirm if you have a dual band router? 

I would also recommend attempting to manually update your speaker.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello amd2020,

Thank you for posting in the community!

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundTouch 10 system, but I would be happy to help you with this issue. I would recommend that you manually update your speaker manually, you will need to do this via USB on a computer rather than in the app. Please click this link https://bose.life/2FXxEDj and follow all the steps for 'Manually updating with a USB cable'. 

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support 

amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Hi

I manually updated my bose soundtouch 30. but the cannot connect to my home network. I can connect to my phone if i use it as a wifi hotpot.  but not the home internet. I attached the photo over here. it will stop when the soundtouch naming part.  this whole error happens after the latest update. before that this one work really fine. now two months I cannot use my bose system with this error.. please fix the software.bose.jpg

amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

I found this article from the fourm. I think this is not only for me.  I thild old firmware is better than the new one.  let me know is it possible to downgrade to old one?

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Bose-soundtouc-30-can-t-connect-to-account/m-p/180...

amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Hi

I am still waiting for the solution.

Prince_O
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello Amd2020,

Thank you for responding and for your patience. 

Sorry, you are still having this issue with the Soundtouch 30 but I would like to help.

If you having a network issue, I would recommend you you reboot your router by disconnecting the power from the router for 30 seconds, then wait for it to start up and connect.

After that is done, I would recommend temporary disabling the router firewall and any security/anti-virus software running.

Clear your browsing history and close all browsers. Now I would recommend you try the update again and let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Prince_O- Community Moderator

amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

I did everything. I used my original router. But still it will stuck when it's try to register the name. I contacted my home broadband service. They said they didn't change anything from their side. This thing was happened few two years ago. But after the software update it was ok. But again this new software update this one not working.
Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Amd2020, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this issue. 

I would recommend ensuring that you have WiFi assist disabled on your device so the SoundTouch can connect to the WiFi network. Can you please also confirm if you have a dual band router? 

I would also recommend attempting to manually update your speaker.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Hi

My home internet provider gave this router ZTE F660(http://www.ztegpon.com/index.php?page=660). but that router wifi is disable because I use netgear orbi (https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbk50.aspx) . my bose soundtouch workes with orbi wifi mesh. but after this connection issue happens I disabled the orbi wifi and connect to my zte main router wifi. but I the issue is there. cannot create the name or cannot play any music.. so for that I checked my phone as a wifi hotspot. and I have a huawei wifi hotspot. I used my mobile sim. then with my phone and wifi hotspot device bose soundtouch work now.  This thing happend few years ago. same issue. but after the update my bose soundtouch works with the home wifi. again from last update this one stopped working and now working with my  mobile phone and wifi hotspot device only. and i did the manual update. but still the issue is there.

amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

m still waiting for the good solution from bose.