heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30 won't connect to my network

amd2020,

Hello, there has been at least 1 Update provided by Bose since you began this thread. Did your SoundTouch 30 receive the notification of the Update? If not, do you know how to check the software version of your SoundTouch 30? Do you know where to check the latest version of SoundTouch available from Bose? Has the App on your Smart Device advised you of an Update available for your Smart Device?

If you have Updated the version on your Smart Device, but cannot seem to get your SoundTouch 30 connected to the Internet to get the latest version for your SoundTouch 30 you will need to Manually Update the SoundTouch 30, as directed in one of the earlier posts. After everything is Updated, let us know if you still have a problem. If so, there are some other steps I’d like you to know about, after everything is Updated.

Please let us know of your progress.

Sincerely,

heatman5

Jeff_G

Hello amd2020,

Please see the below screenshot in regards to network ports used by SoundTouch. 

network ports used by soundtouch.JPG

I hope this information helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for the information. Yes, my bose setup already updated. But still, have the same issue. Only with one internet provider ( I mean my main ISP), i cannot register my speaker name part. with other networks it will work.. ( i mean the speaker naming part can continue and work) with my main provider not working it. I updated my bose setup from my phone wifi hotspot. 

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

I updated my bose setup from my phone wifi hotspot.

You need to be on the same network as your SoundTouch gear. Hotspots are different networks.
amd2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Nope hotspot mean my mobile phone use as wifi. because of my home internet provider, I cannot register the speaker name. But from my mobile network it's working. 

heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

amd2020,

Have you tried creating and using an alternate User Name/ User Account to enter during the “Naming” procedure? This worked for me once when I ran into a dead end during the “Naming” phase of Setup. Please let us know if this works and even if it doesn’t. Thank you, hang in there.

Sincerely,

heatman5

wechrak
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

Soundtouch Bose 30 App does not start and often I cannot play my music library from my laptop, lives

wechrak
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

MY sountouch App for Bose 30 does not start and often I have connection problems

heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Re: Soundtouch Bose 30 App does not start and often I cannot play my music library from my laptop, l

Wechrak,

You've tacked your questions onto an old thread. Please start a new topic so that the Bose Techs will see your posts. They won't be checking this old thread. Please start a new topic, as a new thread. Then the Bose Techs will see your question/post/message. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

heatman5