Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jazzsaxman
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Soundtouch 30 wont power up.

Hi all.  My Soundtouch 30 wont power on. it started playing up by not connecting to the network then I unpluged to reset it. Now it wont power up at all no display, nothing. Dead as a Dodo. Only 3 months old.

Anyone had this problem.?

8 REPLIES 8
heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30 wont power up.

Have you tried moving the SoundTouch to another electrical outlet and try there to be sure it's not just an electrical issue?

jazzsaxman
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hi Heatman.

Yeah I tried a new cable and outlet. Still dead 😞
heatman5
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

With you SoundTouch 30 only being 3 months old, I'd guess you'll be contacting Bose Support in the morning?

jazzsaxman
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

I sure will. Bit disappointing for a Bose product.
SF
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Had exactly the same issue Out of the Box. After the first 5min of operation, device shuts down and won't power up again. Store exchanged it without problems but I have bad feelings readings this post.......
jazzsaxman
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Me too. Sounds like a power supply issue. read other posts that had power supply problems with other bose speakers. Looked like poor quality boards.

I have to box it up to send it off for repair. Not good

I would have expected a replacement considering it is not that old.

Gbuser09
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

Did the factory reset and now my speaker (sound touch 30) won’t turn on. Located in Mexico

The speaker was not connecting to the internet so I did the factory reset, followed the instructions correctly but now the speaker won’t turn on

Vicky_W

Re: Did the factory reset and now my speaker (sound touch 30) won’t turn on. Located in Mexico

Hello Gbuser09, 

Thanks for posting. 

I can appreciate this is a frustrating issue, let's get it fixed. The steps to resolve this issue can be found here. Should this not resolve your issue, it would be great to know if you see any lights on the speaker at all when trying to power on? Also, did anything happen prior to it not connecting to the internet?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!