Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Soundtouch 30

Hi, I'd like know how I can find out what series a soundtouch 30 is, it's a preowned which I haven't bought yet, so it's impossible for me to connect to it at the moment, the devices serial number is 060782933250746AE
And I would also like to know the differences between all the three series.
I appreciate all the help I get.
Br Peter
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 30

Author Accepted Answer selected by pitro

Hi pitro,

Thank you for your inquiry! I'd be happy to assist! You are looking at a SoundTouch 30 Series I, based on the serial number you've provided. 

I'll go ahead and list some of the features that became available as the newer series were released:

Series II:

• Now available in two colors (black or white). 
  • Additional THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN buttons on remote control. This new remote control is backward compatible with series I systems.

Series III: 

• New internal components which now allow connection to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks. Previously, only 2.4GHz could be used. 
  • Airplay connectivity was removed. Bluetooth connectivity was added. 

I hope this information is helpful! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Series 1 and 2 does not have bluetooth but it could use wifi and airplay

series 3 does have bluetooth but no airplay

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by pitro

Hi pitro,

Thank you for your inquiry! I'd be happy to assist! You are looking at a SoundTouch 30 Series I, based on the serial number you've provided. 

I'll go ahead and list some of the features that became available as the newer series were released:

Series II:

• Now available in two colors (black or white). 
  • Additional THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN buttons on remote control. This new remote control is backward compatible with series I systems.

Series III: 

• New internal components which now allow connection to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks. Previously, only 2.4GHz could be used. 
  • Airplay connectivity was removed. Bluetooth connectivity was added. 

I hope this information is helpful! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

Thank you for the help!