Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bros00
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Soundtouch 300 ARC issue Possible

Hi

We have a customer who has purchase a soundtouch 300 soundbar + Samsung 65" QLED, both connected via Bose HDMI that comes with soundbar through HDMI / ARC.

Customer phone up a few weeks back and mentioned intermittently the sound drops out from the soundbar and doesn't come back, the only way would be unplugging soundbar and the plugging it back it, then it work for a few more hours. We attended his property and check all connect by, like normal the fault wasn't there when we were there. I replaced HDMI lead just to see if that works + check to make sure both TV and soundbar are up to date with software and they are.

Customer phone up again today and still has the same fault. As i have read alots of feeds mentioning a possible CEC ARC issue, are we saying there is a software update due out and should resolve these issue.

As an inderpendent company we are starting to loose faith in bose and there products, as every time we install them they never go smoothly.

DOES ANYONE RELATE TO THIS OR KNOW OF A SOLUTION FOR THIS CUSTOM, APART FROM CHANGING SOUNDBAR

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
MykelNeiD
Mentor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 ARC issue Possible

Shouldn't you have another channel to get this sorted out when you are an authorized Bose reseller?

Bros00
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

I have contact Bose technical and they have advised to use the optical cable rather then the HDMI lead, which sound quality will make no differents but the customer wants to use the TV remote not the bose remote.

I was just seing what other people have dont if at all, to resolve this issue 

Kicker0927
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

This is exactly my concern. I have the QLED 65” and want to get the ST300, but have read so many of these same reports. Have you found any answers yet? Was the customer able to get it working okay through the ARC connection?