Johnnyzzio
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

Soundtouch 300 ARC loose sync every time the TV is turned off

Good Morning,

I got the ST300 two weeks ago. The sound is great, but I'm facing some challenges with the HDMI ARC functionality.

Since day 1, the same issue, after finishing the settings between speaker, TV and Cable, the sound came out from the speaker, but once I turn off the TV, Sync between speaker and TV looses.

I have to disconnect the TV HDMI input cable and then re-connect in order to get the audio back (Everytime).

Any suggestions for this scenario?

Thanks,

Johnny. 

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
dougjc2000
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 ARC loose sync every time the TV is turned off

Maybe those pesky CEC settings in the app?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Johnnyzzio,

Thank you for your post. What is the make and model of your TV? Have you tried changing the CEC settings in the SoundTouch application to "Alternate On"? The following steps will help you with adjusting that setting:

1. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  2. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  3. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Johnnyzzio
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

Hey dougjc2000,

I already made some test adjusting the CEC settings to Alternate ON, no luck with that one.

Thanks,

Johnny.
Highlighted
Johnnyzzio
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

Hey Joel_D,

Thanks for your response, already tried CEC Alternate mode ON, not working.

TV make is LG and model 47LM6400-DJ.

If you have any other recommendation besides using optical, will appreciate it.

Thanks,

Johnny.
Highlighted
Kicker0927
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

Hey man, just do a quick Google search for "SoundTouch300 ARC issues".  I am a huge Bose fan and couldn't wait to get my hands on the ST300.  After reading about the all the issues and how they are still unresolved after a  year, I have come to the conclusion that Bose is unable to fix the ARC issue and if your goal is to utilize the ARC connection, you may as well return the unit and seek a different option.  In all honesty, Bose phone tech support told me exactly that when I called them a couple days ago.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Johnnyzzio, 

Thanks for responding. What software version is your TV running? Is this the latest version from LG? If not, can you try to update your TV?  Also, what version are you running on the SoundTouch 300? If you are unsure, HERE is how to check. Curiously, have you tried to unplug your LG TV yet? If not, I'd recommend unplugging both your TV and the soundbar from power for a solid minute and re-test. Can you try to power on your devices in this order and see if it helps? Try to turn on the soundbar first, then your peripheral devices second (cable box, DVD player, etc) and ultimately your TV last. Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Johnnyzzio
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

Hey Kicker0927, thanks for the response. I did the search before opening this discussion. Huge fan of the brand as well, kind of dissapointed with the investment because like you and all of the other people out there, who really appreciate quality products and branding is hard to believe that Bose wont have a fix for a bug like this. 

I really appreciated your honest answer men, it is what it is, many thanks for sharing.

Johnny.

Highlighted
Johnnyzzio
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

Hey Brent_b,

TV is running on the latest software available and the ST is running on version 17.0.8.

I tried all of your suggestion, but stil the same behavior. Let me know if there are any other workaround for this sissue.

Johnnyzzio. 

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

My Bose 300 works perfectly with my LG 65 OLED C7.  Here is how it is set up.

U-Verse TV receiver box plugged into LG TV using HDMI

Oppo 4K DVD plugged into LG TV using HDMI

Bose Soundtouch 300 with subwoofer and rear speakers plugged into LG TV using HDMI

The Bose is plugged into the LG HDMI ARC from the Bose HDMI ARC

I went into the LG TV setup and enabled CEC HDMI/Optical and disabled internal TV speakers

I also enabled the LG CEC auto power sync

I have the Bose Soundtouch app installed on iPhone, iPad, and Surface Pro 4.  I normally use my iPhone

Under Advanced Settings and HDMI-CEC I have Default On

I have Auto-off disabled

I use a Harmony 880 remote to turn on the U-Verse box and the LG TV.  Then, the LG CEC turns on the Bose 300

I use the Harmony 880 to turn off the U-Verse box and LG TV.  The LG CEC then turns off the Bose 300