WolfST300
Contributor
Registered since

May 2, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 / Acoustimass 300 issues - Pairing

The saga goes on (actually gets worse)...

Since day one, I've had the nagging white-then-steady amber paired light on the Soundtouch issue. As the bass module seemed to be paired (getting good sound out of it), I was ok with the annoying amber light on the Soundtouch (white on the bass module) and eventually just got used to it, hoping that the issue would be resolved in a future update. Every once in while, the bass module would truly not pair when the system was turned on, but a power reset usually took care of the problem. Now, after the latest update (Soundtouch S/W version 16.0.12, App version 15.120.23), things have gone from annoying to unacceptable. The bass module will not pair at all (no sound) when the system is turned on (either via my ARC TV connection or directly with the Bose remote). Nor does the paired light on the Soundtouch come on at all (white OR amber), although the white light IS lit on the bass module. The only way to get it to pair is with a power reset EVERY TIME the Soundtouch is turned on. And the ONLY indication that the module paired successfully is the sound coming out of it - the paired light on the Soundtouch is not lit at all, white light lit on the bass module. Yes, I suppose I could run a cable between the two, but what good is a wireless connection when you need to have it wired for it to work reliably????

I've had my Soundtouch 300 and AM300 bass module for about 6 months now. LOVE the sound quality, which is why I've continued to live with the ongoing bass module issues this long. However, the latest software/firmware update has pushed me to the edge and I believe both components will be going back to the store shortly. Been a Bose sound system owner for 20 years with the belief that along with the premium price came premium quality. That appears to no longer be true.

Chris84
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

This is definitely a firmware issue, I couldn’t pair my bass module and surround speakers with the soundbar after the latest firmware update, everything was working fine prior to that. A factory reset of soundbar did not work either.

Bose replaced all my equipment, they first replaced the bass module and speakers, still didn’t pair. They then replaced the soundbar and bam, everything pairs again. The soundbar I received still had the original firmware and I refuse to update via the SoundTouch app, the SoundTouch app imo is useless and serves no purpose. Bose customer service has been great but they should acknowledge this issue
drewquim
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

mine works perfectly already without a hitch right after i posted the problem months ago. the only thing i did was paired all the speakers near the main unit before i installed em to the wall and made sure the speakers wireless receivers is not obstructed
drewquim
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

the bose can pick up all the sound of all equips connected to the tv.. like pc cable amzon stick and playstation