Pete9
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Soundtouch 300: Automatically switch from Bluetooth or Soundtouch to HDMI input

I would like the option to set the Soundtouch to automatically switch inputs from bluetooth or Soundtouch to the TV input when a connected HDMI-CEC is activated. At the very minimum, I would like to be able to swtich from BT or ST to TV using the app rather than the remote. The only current use I have for the Bose remote is to switch from BT/ST to TV. It's a bit silly to require an extra remote control to fulfil this one single function.

I understand that this is not the first time this topic has come up, but the moderators have so far replied only that there is "no new information." I'm hoping that other community members who would like this feature (and/or the feature to be able to switch inputs from within the ST App) will chime in here. I would appreciate it if the moderators would, rather than saying "No new information," would seek out new information to give us a timetable for implementation, or at least tell us that this is not a feature that will be implemented.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
NealXu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300: Automatically switch from Bluetooth or Soundtouch to HDMI input

Hi...i will suggest try turning off the receiver CEC control function if it is on.Some receivers will change to a different audio connection if the audio is lost in the HDMI. Make sure you have that HDMI input set correctly in the input set up menu and if you can turn off the auto detect try that too.
By the way coax and optical digital will all handle 7.1 channels but not in lossless audio codecs like Dolby True HD.

pcba prototype

Highlighted
Pete9
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300: Automatically switch from Bluetooth or Soundtouch to HDMI input

Hi Neal. Thanks for your reply. There's no receiver in the circuit here. The soundbar is connected directly to the TV (that's one of the benefits of using a system like this - no need for an additional receiver). So, the issues are specific to the soundbar: 

1. There is no way to change the soundbar's input to "TV" mode from "Soundtouch" or "Bluetooth" modes from the Bose app (or, more generally speaking, without the Bose remote or a programmable remote).

2. HDMI-CEC functions as so: when I turn on my TV, Apple TV, or Playstation, everything else that needs to be on turns on and is automatically switched to the correct inputs. (For example, if I turn on the Apple TV, the TV also turns on and switches to the "Apple TV" input, and the soundbar turns on.) The one exception to this behavior is that if the soundbar is not already in "TV" input mode (that is, if it is in either "Soundtouch" or "Bluetooth" mode), it will not automatically switch to the "TV" input. I understand that this might be preferred behavior for some people who would like to be able to turn on the tv without having their streaming music interrputed, but I would very much like the option to change this behavior.

Thanks,

-Pete