daniellej
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2018

Soundtouch 300 + Epsom Projector + Panasonic DVD Player

Hi

We have a trying to set up Media room with:

• ST300 Soundbar + Acoustimass 300 (Synced)
  • EH-TW5600 Epsom Projector (Bluetooth enabled)
  • DMR-PWT560GN Panasonic DVD Player (Wifi enabled)

We currently have a HDMI cable connecting the DVD Player and Projector which has produced Visual. How am I best to connect the Audio? 

Can this be done via Bluetooth to the Projector or Wifi with the DVD player?

Please keep in mind the DVD player is approx on a wall at the back of the room, speakers are on the wall at the front of the room and projecotr is on the ceiling in the middle. The room is approx 10m long.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
QzzB
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 + Epsom Projector + Panasonic DVD Player

Best conection would probably be bluetooth from the projector, however im not sure if there would be any delay in this. The cleanest connection for video sync would be using Optical or ARC. Wireless technologies arent the best for lip sync (which is why 99% of bluetooth streaming is music). You always get a better connection with a cable from the display source when it comes to syncing up the audio and video.

I dont think SoundTouch is a open protocol, so only SoundTouch Speakers can broadcast over Wifi with eachother. Also as noted in many posts, Wifi has a delay due to the signal processing, so even if you could broadcast audio via wifi, it wouldnt be in sync.
daniellej
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2018

Thank you QzzB

We have been able to have the projector to recognise the Bluetooth when searching for devices but when selected, the epsom projector 'fails to connect' to thr bose ST300 soundbar. Any suggestions to assist? Is there a setting I need to change on the projector?
QzzB
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Never using that brand of projector, im not sure. One thing I would check is if the Projector is a reciever or a sender.

I have not really used projects that much, but I would of thought they are designed to use the internal speakers to play music from a device rather than send audio from the projector? Could be wrong, but as mentioned - I havent really ever seen the setup of using Bluetooth for Video audio sync - In my experience it is good for music but not syncing up video.

Might be wrong as I have not done anything with projectors, but the only thing I can think would be causing the error is if its expecting the Bose to send audio rahter than recieve audio. The Bose is just a bluetooth speaker so should accept any connection coming in. I have connected several phones, laptops and tablets and always worked.