Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoanGeek300
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Soundtouch 300 - Giving me Ear Ache

Hi Guys ..

New here and Just bought the Soundtouch 300 and loving it but my only gripe is that the trebble is just too much high pitch which gives me an ear ache.

I have done the base on 4 from the remote and Its bearable at just under the halfway mark on volume but If I try to go above half on volume its unbreable.

Any Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 - Giving me Ear Ache

Have you run AdapIQ calibration. Move around a little further left and right on the 5 tone phases during the process to spread the sound out more and less directed right at you.  

If that does not improve things try a factory reset which will remove that Calibration and you might prefer non calibrated sound which has a wide sound stage. 

magic100
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

I also highly recommend the rear speakers which will spread out the sound and is less trebly/sibilant from the main ST300 BAR. it sounds twice as good to me but not twice the price - the rear speakers are excellent value. Get the floor stands from Bose as well. 

GoanGeek300
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Yeah Did run the Adaptiq calibiration.. still playing around with it ... I also feel It might be my room as one side is hard wall and the other side is hollow partition wall which might be the problem

GoanGeek300
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Yes that might do the trick but spending more money... Now I feel they are not worth the money.. may be I just have got something else.. but yeah thats an option 🙂