tuurok
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 - HDMI ARC Challenges

I am also having this nightmare of an issue with BOSE. I have a brand spankin new LG C7 65" with a brand new ST300 along with sub, and rear speakers. Let me tell you the 15 minutes i enjoyed it with was amazing until the connectivity issues started to hapen. I first thought it was my TV which had me calling up PC Richards and almost got ready to return it but i did some more investigating and found this threat. I was also going from APPLETV4k to ST300, then out of ST300 to ARC port of TV. Constant problems where the video signal wont come up for apple tv AT ALL. If i remove the ST300 from the equation, it works fine. I may return this unit and try another one. But if again i have issues i may honestly just return the whole **bleep** thing and get my money back. I was never for BOSE as i honestly think they are JUNK. They sound great, but for what cost? I will be looking elsewhere soon. DO NTO BUY THIS CRAP.

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi tuurok,

Thank you for your post. I can certainly understand why this would be frustrating. We certainly want to help with this. Curiously, have you already connected your SoundTouch 300 to your home network using the SoundTouch app? If not, please do so. You will be prompted for a system update, which may resolve these issues. Also, please try toggling the different CEC within the SoundTouch 300's speaker settings:

1. Locate the HDMI-CEC setting in the SoundTouch app.
  2. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  3. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

FrustratedCustomer
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

What is the point of your posts on this thread?  This is about folks 'with' issues and trying to receive help.  

I own two of these 300 SoundBars and 2 of their higher end headphones and another wireless speaker.  I 'am' having issues with one of the 300's and came to this thread to find an solution.  

Reading idiots like you placing your 'good news' stories that have nothing to do with the thread's issue is time consuming and a waste.  GO rave for Bose in the appropriate place please.  

FrustratedCustomer
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

Good morning, 

I would like to give you a little specificity associated with the issue I am having. 

My Bose is hooked up to a 75" Samsung 4K via ARC.  I own two of them.  It worked very well, even after the recent software update, but of course I have had it hooked up for a very short period of time.  

On the one, I used my iphone application (bose) to stream music through it and that worked.  once I did that, I can not get it to connected to the TV again.  Now there is no way that is a cable issue, or even likely a hardware issue.  I have tried all of your items except replacing the cable which would be like moving homes (no correlation).  

Not sure what to do now... plan to go try the same steps again tonight (definition of insanity). 

mino85
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

Good morning,

I'm also a owner of the complete set (soundbar, bass module, rear speakers) and it's paired by HDMI ARC to my LG B7D. 

When using the system for PS4 Games and Netflix, everything works fine. But when using it for watching TV, the VI 300 makes strange noises.

It seems, that it trys to play some of the part of the voices, but it sound horrible. 

Is there a way to change this? I'm not native speaker, so it's hard for me to work all through this thread.

Thank you for your help

BR

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @frustrated Customer,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

What happens when you attempt to switch it back to TV audio?  

Can you try unplugging/replugging the HDMI cable from the back of the television?  Does this reestablish audio?

Thanks,

Brandon - Community Support

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi BR,

Thanks for the post.  What are you watching when this poor audio happens?  Netflix/Cable/Youtube?  

Has this been happening since you purchased the system?

Best,

Brandon

mino85
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

Hi,

This only comes up, when watching TV on cable. I think it's the stereo signal. I have the normal sound at the rear speakers, but the voice comes only with this strange sounds. I can hear them when going REALLY close with my ear to the rears. 

On Netflix 5.1 sound, everything is fine. I think it's a issue when mixing up a stereo signal.

BR

Jürgen

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @mino85,

Thank you for posting. Is the cable box connected to the TV or is it running through the SoundTouch 300? If it is connected to the TV, Can you try connecting it to the SoundTouch 300 directly and see if the issue follows? What is the make and model of the cable box?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel

mino85
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

Hi,

I think, this was a missunderstanding. I have a cable directly connected to my TV. No cable box. Was just saying that I'm not using DVB-S or something. Just DVB-C for normal television. 

BR

mino