Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 - HDMI ARC Challenges

I keep the soundbar connected via ethernet to disable the Wi-Fi.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2018

STR300 Update and ARC issues?

Are there known issues with ARC in this update? I have had nothing but constant issues with the soundbar being recognized with the TV. The only solution I have found to work is fully unplugging and re-establishing all connections. Even then, the settings do not last but a few days. It's ridiculious. It worked fine for months. Tonight, the volume doesn't work at all. Cannot turn the volume up or down. 3 days ago, TV lost all recognition of the soundbar. 

Seriously, I spent almost $2000 on my setup not including the TV, and I would expect it to work as it was, before this update for the last 6-7 months. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: STR300 Update and ARC issues?

Hello Kurant,

Thank you for posting.

I apologize for the frustration you've been dealing with recently with your SoundTouch 300, but I'd like to see if I can help. 

Can you let me know what the make, model and software version of your TV is? Have you tried to see if there was a new update available for the TV?

Let us know the results so we can investigate this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2018

Samsung Q6F is the primary TV that it’s hooked up to. I have also tried it in my media room on my QF8, and had the same issues.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2018

Soooo, nothing? I have a $2000 set up that no longer works CORRECTLY as it did, for months, because you updated and broke it?

And yeah, I might be a little annoyed. Nothing is worse than an update that isn’t throughly tested and confirmed working, and now I have a product I have to bandaid to make work.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Soundtouch 300 Soundbar loosing ARC connection to LG TV

My Soundtouch 300 soundbar commonly looses or doesnt reconnect to my LG SJ8570 tv over my ARC connection until I physically power off the soundbar by unplugging it. After the power cycle the soundbar connects again. This occures intermittently and it noticed after the TV and soundbar were both powered off. Software on the bar has been updated from the app to its latest version but the problem still persists. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2018

So no customer support?

Sooo, I post what issue I have with my soundtouch, recieve no customer support and I'm just out on ARC functionality working as it was before the update broke it? 

I'm sorry, that doesn't work for me. This shouldn't be trivial. If I sound annoyed, you're right. Bose is a giagantic company, there is really no excuse for this.

It's too late to return to Best Buy I believe, so will you refund my purchase?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: So no customer support?

Hi Kurant,

I apologize about the delayed response. 

I have raised this to the development team for you. 

• What is the current software version on both of your TV's?
  • Have you tried changing the CEC settings on the SoundTouch 300 to Alternate or Off? Does this help?
  • We also suggest disabling Anynet+ on your TV to reduce confict.

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 Soundbar loosing ARC connection to LG TV

Hello RP3,

Thank you for posting and welcome.

Sorry to see you're running into this issue as well.

Can you try changing CEC in the SoundTouch 300 to Alternate or Off and test with each one to see if it stops? I would suggest starting with Alternate first.

To turn HDMI CEC on or off, follow these steps:

• In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  • To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
  • Default On Enables CEC
  • Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
  • Off: Disables CEC
  • Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support