Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 - HDMI ARC Challenges

The Soundtouch app update! We had troubles connecting the ARC HDMI cable as well but after connecting the soundbar to wifi and configuring the update via the cell phone, all is well. The sound is amazing. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 5, 2017

did you update?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2017

Like you, I have always loved Bose and I have an LG OLED and a Samsung MU8000.  The HDMI ARC problem has NOT been resolved by Bose and both my systems will only work with the optical cable.  Like most everyone else's experience that's posting here, the HDMI ARC worked fine for a little while then went out. The TV's just won't recognize the Soundtouch 300 using the ARC connection consistently.  I spent 3 entire evenings trying to resolve the problem because like you, I am not willing to settle for an optical cable solution.  This is a $700.00 sound bar and it should work like a $700.00 sound bar - don't buy it.  I have 2 Soundtouch 300's and have already returned one and am returning the other this weekend.  Ordinarily, I would be patient and wait for a firmware update from the manufacturer to fix the problem but BOSE failed to fix the problem even with the last update.  I am beyond disappointed and will be buying from someone else in the future.  No more Bose for me... not worth the headache.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2017

I am super glad I have stumbpled across this HDMI ARC issue. Next week I am purchasing a new samgsung ks7000, and I had planned to buy the soundtouch 300, as I like Bose stuff...I guess after reading nightmare after nightmare expereince going back for well over a year and not a single satifactory fix put in place....no way Ill get it, pity, lovely looking piece of kit. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 26, 2017

I have the LG OLED65G6P and it works.

It took me a while to figure it out but you have to plug it in HDMI2 and turns on CEC in setting and then turns the Audio Out to HDMI/Optical and push the TV button on the Bose's control.

After the set up it works perfectly fine. Turns on when the TV is on and start playing right away without problem.

The only problem I really have is with MacBook Pro. I connected it to Bose' SoundTouch 300 via BlueTooth and it keeps turning on a few hours and makes a noise. I think it has to do with my Mac's Power Nap function. Otherwise it is fine.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Hello fellow ST300 users.

Just wanted to post a few thoughts of mine regarding the ST300 and some of the issues I've read regarding ARC. First, off I've only had the ST300 and its Acoustimass 300 sub for less than a week so my observations are limited.  That said... ARC for me, seems to be working without any issues on my 6-year old Samsung UN55D7000, 55-inch TV thus far.

What I have noticed though is a slight hiccup where the Sub momentarily loose its signal. It's quick and all you hear is a slight disturbance in sound. Still.., BTW the issue wasn't there before I got the sub - I'd actually bought the Soundbar a day earlier and was testing things out and the Soundbar played flawlessly, sans any bass, thus the sub.  Anyway, there were no signal dropouts prior to getting the sub. This to me indicates a wireless syncing issue where the sub loses its signal momentarily. I'll keep an eye on this and may wind up using the cable to connect the sub to the ST300 if the issue continues. Regardless, no ARC issues with the ST300 and my Samsung TV for now.

All that said, the problem I did run into with ARC and my Samsung TV is the video input defaults to the Antenna when anything connected to the ARC HDMI connection is switched off. This means I get no video or sound until I manually switch the input source back to the connection the video source uses.

Example: If I'm using the ST300 ARC connection to the T.Vs ARC connection, but my video source (cable converter box) is say HDMI2, all is good until I switch the system off and on again.  In this instance, the TV will default to Antenna input, instead of HDMI2, resulting in no video or sound until I choose the HDMI2 source.

The way I solved this issue was to connect an HDMI cable from the output side of my Contour converter box to the input side of the ST300. The other HDMI cable is connected from the ARC port of the ST300 to the T.Vs HDMI ARC port.  Now when I turn things on the TV automatically selects the ARC HDMI connection allowing for the converter box to automatically play through that connection. It seems anything connected to the HDMI ARC port on the TV will become the default input source when powered on. Kind of makes sense since ARC powers on connected devices so why not default to that imput. 

Why the (my) T.V. defaults to Antenna after ARC is powered off I can't say, but the same happens with my CEC/ARC enabled BD Player - once powered off, TV defaults to Antenna input. Perhaps it's (or was) a Samsung thing, but that's the way it works with my 2011 T.V.  

Anyway, I thought I'd post this to provide some clarity on how ARC may affect what you do and how you use it.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2016

I am so glad I found this forum.  I'm not sure why I didn't search sooner.  In the beginning, my SoundTouch 300 worked fine but after a few weeks the HDMI ARC stopped working right.  Power cycling the TV seemed to correct the problem so I assumed the TV was the issue.  In fact, I swore I would never buy another Samsung product again I was so frustrated.  After a few months, power cycling both units would only get me hours of function where it used to get me a few days.  Just recently I performed updates to both the TV and the SoundTouch and now the ARC has completely stopped working.  I have tried new cables, full resets on both units, and changing the CEC settings all to no avail.  I tried calling Bose today but it's the holiday so if course they are closed.  I reverted to optical for now until I can get them on the phone.  This is not an acceptable solution when like all of you, I paid for an important feature that is not working.  To be honest, there is enough people out there complaining, the words "class action" have started to go through my head.

@bose - What are you going to do about all these concerns?

*  Samsung UN65KS8000FXZA running software version 1180 (most recent update)

*  SoundTouch 300 with sub and satellite speakers (plugged into HDMI4 ARC) **Now using optical so I can get any sound at all

*  Apple TV Current Generation plugged into HDMI3

*  Android TV Plugged into HDMI1

-Gary

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I agree 100% the HDMI ARC connection is a major problem. I have the latest Samsung 65 and doesn't work. It worked

for a few weeks then just stopped. I've called them and all they'll have you do is disconnect the tv and soundbar hdmi cable and unplug the the tv and soundbar. It doesn't fix the problem and I've done it many times. Worthless 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I have the same problem I have the same model Samsung and it just stopped working. I've tried everything even tested

all the ports on the Samsung side and they are fine. Bose must have done something because I had it working with a crutch

for the past month or so. When I talked to them yesterday they just had me unplug and replug the soundbar and tv it doesn't work.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

I have OLED C7 with full bose setup with no ARC issue what so ever since day one (3 months usage).  Withe the latest firmware i had to perform full reset as I felt the bass was lacking after the update.  I think this is jut hit and miss with various ARC, wifi issue.