Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 - HDMI ARC Challenges

HI All

i have the Samsung 65' SUHD TV and the bose soundar and bass, what i have found if i only use 3 HDMI on the TV there are no issues, meaning i have to leave 1 HDMI port unused on the TV. the system works as it should. SB turns on with the TV remote and you can control the volume with your TV remote.  However when i connect another device to the last HDMI port on the TV the SB will only respond if i change my input to the last connected device. once synced it will then work fine till i turn the TV off.

my current configuration is

SB to TV via ARC HDMI

Foxtel to TV HDMI

Swtich to TV HDMI

XBOX one to SB HDMI in

that leave 1 HDMI port on the TV unused.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 26, 2017

All,

I have LG 32LV3730 which is a FULL HD TV and quite a old product.  But still this one works fine with ST300 using HDMI ARC for last 2 months.

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-32LV3730-led-tv

It took couple of days for me to understand the setup, until then I used Optical cable, but once I am able to setup HDMI, everything is fine.

I have 3 HDMI Ports, and HDMI 1is ARC enabled.  So I used this to connect to Soundbar.  LG call ARC as SIMPLINK (HDMI CEC).  Please check in settings with this name

In HDMI2 I kept Chromecast and HDMI3 I kept STB.

I connected my DVD player directly to soundbar using HDMI Input.

All above devices are working fine and when I stop STB and start streaming Chromecast, the picture changes automatically. 

Only thing we need to check is that we select TV icon when you swich on TV and soundbar if you dont hear sound, since you might have pressed other buttons during your last use.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Likewise have had no problems with ARC before or after firmware update. You have to follow directions on setting up remote to make work. Do not program TV only cable box. That causes an issue. The bass sounds great on music and using app. On TV a little lower. To adjust bass hit "bass" button on bottom left of remote then hit volume up or down to adjust. Watch the little white LED on top left of soundbar. Move it to far right to make bass highest volume

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Only program remote for cable box. Do not program forTV. I found this is the issue. Follow directions for setting up with remote hitting TV cleft note and 7 on remote and ARC should work 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

I only wish I'd found this before I purchased this despicable horrendous piece of shxx! Nothing but trouble and will only use optical despite a 2017 4K Samsung .,..save your money and buy something better because ive wasted £1,200 on the base, SW and rears!! Shocking from bose!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Believe me you are not alone out there. I've had the same problem it works for a while then it doesn't work at all. Their support can do nothing about it because its a known problem. I bought it for the same reason as I have a 4K Samsung as well.

I think the fix is above the technical level at Bose.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Hi Mate,

I've decided to just use the optical which I'm not happy about.
I'm don't profess to be an export so can anyone advise if I will lose a lot of sound quality over HDMI Arc when watching mostly sky Q and IPTV?
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I've had people tell me that optical is better but here is the difference:

For high-definition sound or for more speakers, like a 7.1 surround sound system, the cable has to transfer more data. HDMI is better in these circumstances than optical audio. HDMI also supports high-definition formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio, which are both available through the Blu-ray format.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 1, 2017

Spoiler

I bought the Bose Soundtouch 300 in July of 2017. HDMI ARC cable worked for about 3 weeks nicely. Then the TV just didnt recognize it anymore. I did ALL the troubleshooting methods Bose suggests and more, switched out a new HDMI cable, etc. I tried for 2 months because I thought it was me. Then I saw this forum. I returned it to Bose through GeekSquad in September and apparently Bose fixed it and it was returned to me. Bose suggested "Make sure the customer sets it up according to manual" like it was my fault. Annndddd..... Same issues. I work hard for money, and expect $700 quality when I spend $700. Are they even acknowledging this issue is an issue??? Shame on you Bose! Take it off the market til its fixed!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I've come to the conclusion that there are no intelligent life forms working in the development arm of Bose. They should stick to their what they have been doing and that is make speakers. They need to leave the hi tech stuff to people who have the capability and some sort of intelligence to develop and make things work. Ha 

They should have never released the product half baked!