I have the Soundtouch 300 connected to a Samsung UN60J6300 TV and as others have mentioned, I to am experiencing intermittent connection loss through the HDMI ARC. So far, I have tried the following:
- Replacing the HDMI cable - I have tried several now, none have worked.
- Confirmed both the TV and soundbar are up-to-date - ST300 v.17.0.8 and TV v.1510.3
- Confirmed TV sound settings were correct - Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) turned on; Samsung technician also suggested turning off the Samsung Instant On feature, but it still didn't work.
- Changing the HDMI-CEC setting in the Bose Soundtouch App to Alternate On
- Finally, unplugged power to both the TV and ST300 - This is the only thing that works to get the HDMI ARC working again.
Once the power is pulled and everything is plugged back in, the ST300 will work on HDMI ARC for about a week or two before I have to power cycle both the TV and ST300 again.
Over the last few months, I've been playing with the various settings and configurations on the TV and ST300 to get this thing to work, all with no luck. The one thing that seemed to help run on ARC a little bit longer than previous (ran for about 7 weeks) was to unplug my Google Chromecast device that was plugged in. The other two HDMI ports are being used for the cable box and xbox.
Any other suggestions on anything I may have missed or could try?