Highlighted
joecurran
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC Sony X900F

Hello,

Hoping to get some assistance with my new SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 setup.  Recently purchased it alongside a Sony Bravia X900F at Best Buy, both have been updated to the latest firmware.  The television does not recognize the SoundTouch 300 over HDMI (Tested with an old Vizio soundbar that worked fine for ARC, and my Apple TV works for all functions).  Sort of stumped, did I get a bad unit?

Thank you!

--

J

14 REPLIES 14
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC Sony X900F

Hi joecurran

Thanks for posting in the community!  I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issues, but would be glad to help!

Can you navigate through the SoundTouch app to the settings of the SoundTouch 300?  From here in the advanced setup, can we change the HDMI CEC settings to Alternative On to see if this helps?

Also, is Bravia Sync enabled on the TV as well?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support 

joecurran
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

Tony,

Thanks for the quick response.

Both Bravia Sync and HDMI CEC (in Default and Alternate On) have been tested.

Community Manager

Hi joecurran

Thanks for getting back with the information.

I was able to do a little digging, and there's a great support article from Sony HERE.  I'd recommend trying some of the troubleshooting they provide towards the bottom of the page.  

Keep us updated on how things are going.

Warm Regards,

Tony 

joecurran
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

Tony,

Unfortunately, none of the steps described in the Sony technical documentation have remedied my issue.  Bravia Sync is after power cycling and clearing the application cache listed still showing no HDMI devices found when my Apple TV is unplugged and I send the enable signal through the TV.  Please advise.

Thank you!

Community Manager

HI joecurran

Thanks for getting back to me with the information.  It sounds like there may be something going on with soundbar.  I'd recommend contacting your local support center by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom to display a number for support.

Warm Regards,

Tony 

mzgreene
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 11, 2018

What are the chances this was fixed? I just bought these two same exact things and I'd hate to find out they don't work together for some reason. I'm currently running an optical cord from TV to Soundtouch and nothing is coming through the Soundtouch. I haven't yet tried the HDMI ARC solution, but that appears to be the problem for starting this thread.

I mainly use a Chromecast Ultra and Fire TV as my sources for video, but I also have the native YouTube TV app on the TV itself, one of the reasons I picked this TV in the first place.

joecurran
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

It is unlikely as they’ve debuted two newer sound bars in this class, the Soundbar 500 & 700. For my part I had an issue with my television (panel defect, unrelated to I/O) and returned the entire purchase for a Sonos Beam / Sub and LG C7.

Still love Bose, don’t get me wrong, listening to westworld’s soundtrack on quiet control 30’s and my folks bought the entire 700 range and it’s functional with their older TV through ARC, but the HDMI issue with a 2018 TV had me wary of running every TV I bought back.
mzgreene
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 11, 2018

Thanks for the prompt reply, I appreciate it. I'll mess around with it a bit more tonight, hopefully get a repsonse from someone at Bose through this, and if I can't get it, I'll be returning the Bose and getting a Sonos as well. Those were the two I was deciding between and like you, I'm a fan of Bose so they got first crack. 

Community Manager

HI mzgreene

Thanks for posting in the community!

That is certainly odd that you are not getting audio using the optical cable to the soundbar.  Are you able select digital audio out or optical through the audio settings of the TV?  

Regarding the ARC issue with Apple TV, if you were to try and use this configuration, I would recommend disabling CEC control on the Apple TV, and enable the IR control and program the Bose remote manually to see if this helps with this particular issue.

Warm Regards,

Tony A