piritukere
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2018

Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC issue

Hi there - hoping someone has a solution for the issue I am having. There are a lot of posts around this but I can't find any definitive solution and most have been marked as solved when they clearly are not. 

I updated the Soundtouch 300 two days ago and after that I have lost all ability to get sound in through HDMI. ARC seems to be completely dead but on top of that I can't get any sound working through HDMI at all. I have tried the following:

Reset Soundtouch 300
New HDMI cables.
Power off all connected devices. Unplug from wall and leave for 15 minutes.
HDMI-CEC setting on app to Alternate On
And variations of all of the above with different inputs - TV, Apple TV, Xbox
Latest firmware installed on all devices.

I can get sound out of the Soundtouch 300 with Spotify using the App but that's it. Even connecting an Apple TV directly to the HDMI in on the Soundtouch 300 and changing the settings in the App to direct source has no affect.

And to be clear - I made no changes to my set up apart from updating the Soundtouch 300. One minute it worked and the next it did not. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Piri

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC issue

Hi Piri,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Have you tried connecting a device via HDMI directly to the HDMI-in on the SoundTouch 300, or are you only using ARC from the TV?

What is the brand and model of your television?

Let me know so we can get this resolved.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
piritukere
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 HDMI ARC issue

Hi Brandon,

I've tried connecting a device via HDMI as well as all ARC options. Nothing works any longer. To be honest I've given up and am using a optical cable now. It's a bit disappoining but I don't have the time to spend trying to debug the issue.

Thanks
Piri