Highlighted
Jshearer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Soundtouch 300 Issues

I am having issues with my brand new Soundtouch 300 and Acoustimass 300.  It has updated to software 14.0.18 and is connected to my Samsung TV via optical (thanks to the HDMI ARC issue).

The first issue is that I am unable to get the TV sound to play from the soundbar.  The Soundtouch indicator is solid amber immediately after powering on, which I'm assuming has something to do with the problem.  The users manual lists four items for this status, including "General error", but offers no troubleshooting.  Has anyone encountered this status before?

My other issue is that my Acoustimass 300 seems to have significant trouble staying connected.  After initial pairing the Connectivity indicator remains solid white, but it soon goes dark.  I'm assuming that under normal operation it should always be white?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

4 REPLIES 4
monaro327
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 Issues

With regards to the sub connection light. no it is normal operation for the light to first go white then after a short period go out. If there are issues it will come back on amber.

Have you set you tv to output over optical?

Jshearer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

Yes, I set the TV audio output to Digital/Optical, though I really don't have a way to verify if it is going out since I don't have any other equipment that takes optical.
Jshearer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2017

I seemed to have solved the issue after some experimentation.  Despite the manual explicitly stating "Pressing TV, AUX, CABLE, or DVD on the remote control does not switch the source.", that was in fact the problem.  After selecting TV, the TV indicator on the soundbar illuminated white and everything appeared to work.  

Hello Jshearer,

I am pleased to hear that this has been resolved for you. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Thank you,