Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 - Not enough Bass even with acoustimass bass module additon

Hi vandrew,

Thanks for the post.  We no longer need log files, as the log files are mainly used to diagnose SoundTouch issues, and the low bass would be related to a DSP change.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

So, just to add my 2 cents here about v16 (compared to v15 and v14):

In my case, i was really satisfied with v15, even with some smaller issues. I did not like v14 at all (too much bass, way to much highs, some sounds [eg: footsteps] were strange)

v15 was very leveled in bass, even if there could be more lower mids or mids at all. The ST300 is definetily lacking mid-tones. If you compare to a Acoustimass system (we own a Acoustimass 10 Series V as well) you will notice that the old Acoustimass bass module gives a lot of more midtones then the AM300 does.

v16 sounds more like v14 which my husband and me does not like at all. Bass is to heavy, mids are still missing, highs are too heavy. Footsteps sound weired again. And speech level is as awful again as in v14. Dialoge sound is a mess again (no matter if dialoge mode is enabled or not). Women voices sound dull and to crispy in particular, i dont know how to describe exactly. Men voices are a little better, but still far from what i expect from a 1700€ system (ST300 & AM300).

@Mods: Is there a way to return the system even when testing period is over (we bought in February)? Please contact me through private message - thanks.

I am very dissapointed that your chosen beta testers only seem to concentrate on bass levels in v16, and everything else is still poor or worse as it has been. I want to make sure: The sound stage of the ST300 is phenomal and sounds absolutely phantastic, but speech is a complete mess. If your dev team tries to improve sound of speech (and give us an EQ settings possibility) the ST300 will be an amazing sound system.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Ok not sure if this has been corrected in the new firmware or not. But I just picked up the sound bar and Sub. I have it setup in a small room just with TV some chairs kinda using it as a game room. But am a little disappointed in the bass. I replaced an LG sound bar with wireless sub, However the LG sub blows the Bose Sub away in base.
Have anyone tried using the bose with out running the calibration or Calibrating just the sound bar and then connected the sub for the added base. Right now I have the base maxed out and am still using the LG sound bar on a different TV band can hear every boom from the LG even know it’s at default.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi joselujan,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with your ST300 and AM300 bass module.

If you go into the SoundTouch app and select Settings>About>[your system], what software version is it on?

There's one thing I would like for you to try; Other users have had success doing this so maybe it will work for you.

Can you factory reset your SoundTouch 300 system and not reconnect the bass module?  Set up the ST300 from scratch, and run adaptiQ.  Once that is done, reconnect the AM300 following the instructions in the owners manual, but do not run adaptiQ again.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

Brandon,

I just purchased the Soundtouch and acoustimass 300. The issue is still persistent and it is ridiculous that Bose havent been able to locate or fix the issue. Should I return them? Is Bose really going to solve this issue.

This issue should be disclosed at all locations before allowing a custumer to complete the purchase.

What is more upsetting is that is issue can be track to May 2017 and now we are at November 2017 and still no solution. Does Bose care and hear their customers? We definitely deserve a better answer and a permanent solution.

Highlighted
Advocate
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Hello @fabio0428

you're right. I think the problem of low bass with the AM300 is a worldwide topic. In the English BOSE Community and also in the German Communita you'll find a lot of postings concerning the low bass with AM300. I get the impression BOSE turns a blind eye to the low bass problem. They ignore their customers.

But I still hope for a permanent solution.

Dear @Brandon_M Moderator: are there any news?

Regards

HGS

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@HGS wrote:

Hello @fabio0428

you're right. I think the problem of low bass with the AM300 is a worldwide topic. In the English BOSE Community and also in the German Communita you'll find a lot of postings concerning the low bass with AM300. I get the impression BOSE turns a blind eye to the low bass problem. They ignore their customers.

But I still hope for a permanent solution.

Dear @Brandon_M Moderator: are there any news?

Regards

HGS

>>

Factory reset 1x/2x in a row on latest firmware v16.0.12 and "NOT USING ADAPTIQ" restores all the Bass on the AM300. This works for most users..<<

Highlighted
Advocate
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Thanks @PatR171 for your tip.

I know it and I've done it already a month ago.

But, please bear in mind, it's only a less-than-ideal solution.

It's not that I've paid for.

Best regards

HGS

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2017

I cant find 14.0.33 anywhere, and I have the NO BASS issue with V16.  How do I find the V14 veryone speaks of?

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@GMSURGES wrote:

I cant find 14.0.33 anywhere, and I have the NO BASS issue with V16.  How do I find the V14 veryone speaks of?

Hi

First try only step1 on v16 and let us know if it works for you:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Downgrading-to-best-version-14-0-33-Working/m-p/59...