Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Soundtouch 300 PC connection

Hi, Can I connect my Soundtouch 300 to a PC using the HDMI connection. I know the ST300 is designed for TV's but that is not how I want to use mine.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Soundtouch 300 PC connection

Hi Bogisimus,

You can certainly connect the SoundTouch 300 to a computer via HDMI via the HDMI input on the back of the system. You would first need to connect the SoundTouch 300 to the WiFi network, then go into the SoundTouch application and choose Menu>Settings>Speaker Settings>SoundTouch 300>Advanced Setup>HDMI Input and choose a source to assign to the computer.

Once that has been done, simply activate the source that you had designated to be the HDMI input, then set your computers audio output to the SoundTouch 300.

Let us know if you have any additional questions! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 1, 2016

do you have a HDMI output on your computer? or are you going to use a USB to HDMI convertor. I ask as i am also having issues with a Mac. The bluetooth option gives an unstaisfactory delay with video and am looking into hard wiring the two together.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hi,

I have an HDMI connection. And yes, the bluetooth delay is unacceptable. My issue has been that my PC does not always recognise the Bose system and when it first starts up, it always wants to connect via bluetooth, even though I have an HDMI connection. I feel like there must be settings that I can use to turn off the bluetooth and still connect to the speaker.

Hope this helps,

Bogi

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Bogi,

I would recommend disabling Bluetooth on the computer until you are attempting to connect to a product via Bluetooth. Also, did you set the default audio output to the HDMI connection? As soon as you have set the Bose system as the default audio output, and activate the source you have assigned to the HDMI input, the computer should output sound over the system.

Let us know how that goes and we can take it from there if needed! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you. I'll give it a try.