NiteshC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

Soundtouch 300- Samsung 4K TV- HDMI ARC No Sound

The arc connection was previously working just fine with the set up I had. Nothing changed and today it stopped working. Tried updating Bose firmware, reconfigured all the tv settings, restarted the tv and the sound bar but nothing seems to work. I just can not get the arc hdmi connection to work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ThEnder
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300- Samsung 4K TV- HDMI ARC No Sound

Author Accepted Answer selected by NiteshC
I get this issue intermittently as well. Unfortunately I cannot offer a permanent solution but when this happens I unplug the HDMI cable from the TV then pull the TV power to do a hard reset. After powering the TV back on, reconnect the ST300 and the TV should once again recognise it as an audio receiver.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
ThEnder
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by NiteshC
I get this issue intermittently as well. Unfortunately I cannot offer a permanent solution but when this happens I unplug the HDMI cable from the TV then pull the TV power to do a hard reset. After powering the TV back on, reconnect the ST300 and the TV should once again recognise it as an audio receiver.

View solution in original post

NiteshC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

Thank you that worked for me. It’s just sad you spend thousands of dollars and have to deal with this. But I really appreciate your help.

-Nitesh

Pui
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

Im also experience this thing. Just bought my new ST300 and Samsung UA55MU8000. Both on latest firmware. Works perfect for couple weeks. Then tonight... no sound at all. The best solution that i can get is.
1. Put CEC from ST app (from "on" to "alternate on").
2. I tried toggling the anynet+ CEC setting to off and back on and it immediately started working.
It works for me. And i hope everyone can get trhu this problem.
raj.patel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

I have been an owner of ST300 with surround and Samsung 65inch Series 7 and 9 TVs.

For many months I kept blaming BOSE for not acting OR not doing anything about the issue since NOV 2017. In last 12 months I have done following things.

- Factory resets 

- Change HDMI cables 

- Try diff settings 

- Try alternate TV

What I found is as follows: 

- Since the issue was reported to BOSE; they actually launched three updates working towards the fix for speakers but that did not resolve anything.

- SAMSUNG only launched one update since NOV 2017. That also didnt fix anything.

What happens now with my TV+ST300 when ARC drops: 

- In past I saw everyone sating things about "CEC" needs to be changed. OR you must turn ST300 first and then TV. OR you need to disconnect HDMI cable from TV to ST300. Power OFF. Then restart. 

Usaully one of that used to fix the issue. 

What I found to be the most case fix that worked everytime. 

- No need to change any settings. No need to turn anything OFF on BOSE or TV. But If I unplud all HDMI on TV box while it's all ON; then plug the HDMI that works for ARC and things will work. BOSE will pick up the sound straightaway even without disconnecting BOSE ARC HDMI from BOSE. That means, its not soley BOSE issue; SAMSUNG also need to investigate what's the go with unplugging all other HDMI and replugging back in order with ARC being first fixes issue promptly. 

Hope this helps.  

AirForcePT
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

The only issue with disconnecting from the TV is if you have, like me, your TV mounted up on the wall.  Accessing the inputs is virtually impossible without taking the TV down.  I even tried optical and countly get it to work either.  

raj.patel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Yes if your SMART TV does not have the seperate box for connection. 

All SAMSUNG TV comes with the SMART HUB. TV Panel can be mounted anywhere with any kind of mount but it is the HUB that you play around with ! Atleast in my case. There is not many cable except POWER and OPTICAL on back of the 65 inch TV panel. 

AirForcePT
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

That's true, but my tv is mounted on a slimline mount, so I have to tuck the smarthub in and don't have easy access.  Hence why I have to put the TV down every time I have to unplug the hdmi to reset the speaker.  The TV is mounted over the fireplace, so to run the smarthub down to the AV cabinet, I'd have to buy the $200+ cable to extend the cable to the hub.  If Samsung and Bose could just get the speaker to work correctly, I wouldn't have this issue and plug it in once and be done.

raj.patel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

For a very long time I blamed BOSE soley but after working around thousands of different scenarios; I came to the conculsion that BOSE has given up and SAMSUNG is too busy working on other things and can't give a **bleep** about ARC ! 

At this stage my TV works fine. On a rare occasion if by mistake Soundbar gets turned OFF first then I do run into problems. I just make sure that I turn TV OFF first then sound bar. And the other way around when turning it back ON. (Though turning sound bar ON, brings my TV ON automatically via universal remote)