Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Soundtouch 300 - Soundtouch 10 Delay

Hi

I'm hoping someone can provide me with the correct information. I've been a log term fan of Bose and the company has always had a presence in my family. Recently, I have upgraded my media equipment, I have purchased a Sony XF9005, Soundtouch 300 and Soundtouch 10, after realising that my budget wouldn't stretch to a full bose surround sound system or the new 2018 model of the av receiver I was looking at for my old environmental 400s. 

My needs are simple, I have attached a photo showing my current setup with the new TV, 300 and 10. I only wanted a single speaker to extend the audio to the kitchen while working out there, can see the TV clearly from standing at the couter or hob. 

Admittedly, I only briefly researched the Soundtouch range and was happy seeing posts informing me that i could wirelessly 'play all' from the TV, console and music sources in a group containing the 300 and 10. Now i understand that this is not entirely possible and i am left feeling like I have made a £700 mistake! I setup my new toys and put the TV on and found that there is a 6 second delay between video and audio on the Soundtouch 10! Through Google, I can only find Bose community posts from around a year ago stating that people are having the same issue and from what I can tell from moderator replies that this 6 second delay is intentional and unresolved? Am I mistaken? Is there a patch or firmware update I'm missing? Does anyone have a work around or recommend a solution? I'm seriously considering returning the 300 and 10 and finding something that will fill my needs.

Hoping that you can help

Sam (Apologies for the 90o photo :S)
IMG_0272.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 - Soundtouch 10 Delay

I still have the same issue in exact same configuration. I looks like, it is only a marketing feature.
The problem looks to be the WiFi synchronization. You have the latency in the network. The TV connection is wired, so the latency is minimal, below 0.2 second.
One or more wireless loudspeakers, you can synchronize by knowing the response times, so the source loudspeaker starts to play the sound by shifting in time. Finally, it looks like it would be in synch. And exact this time shifting is the issue... Bose cannot force the TV display to shift in time, that is the real source to be synchronized.
This is my technical guess. I don’t work for Bose, but I work with real-time systems.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

I know the speed of arc is vastly superior to wireless n (which I think the plusnet router is), would bringing in a ac wireless access point solve the latency do you think?

There has got to be a work around here? One solution i can think of is to use VLC and manually sync the video while syncing the audio within the app? 

Have you experimented with using an 3.5mm jack to keep the size of the data transmission to a minimum?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Hi

Mods, you can archive this offline. Been in contact with support and there is no solution and no intension of resolving.

It's been confirmed to be a design choice of Bose, i will be returning/selling my kit and moving to Sonos who will full fill my requirements.

Thanks

Sam