Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Soundtouch 300 Static Noise

Dear All, I have recently purchased a ST300 but I found that there is static noise in the middle part of the sound bar. The static noise is being produced consistently, from different sources (e.g. TV, WIFI), muted or unmuted, despite the noise is minimal and you may only hear it with your ears very close to the soundbar.

I have update the ST300 to the latest firmware and also switch off every wireless devices nearby for testing. I have also tried to plug the device directly to the wall socket but the problem still persists. Could you please advise how shall I resolve this? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 Static Noise

Could someone please check if your unit has the same issue? Thanks.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello jy02362014,

Thank you for posting.

What type of connection are you currently using? Is it HDMI or Optical? Have you test with a different HDMI or Optical?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Thanks Joel for your advice.

I am now using HDMI (which is included in the ST300 package) and I tried to test with different a different HDMI cable but the problem still persists.

Please note that the "static noise" volume keeps at the same level no matter you are having volume +/-, or even muted.

Is my unit a defected product? Thanks.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there jy02362014,

Thanks for the information.

If the static noise is very low, there are a couple different things that it might be.  If you live in a large city, there may be a significant amount of radio interference that could be causing this static.  It could also be the natural noise floor of the product, as all stereo or home theater systems will have a very slight amount of static when plugged in.

However, if the static is loud enough to disturb your listening (at any volume) there may be something wrong with the system.  My recommendation would be to contact your local support center to arrange for a replacement.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support