Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 Turns Off After 2 Hours

Hi mellowe4, 

Thank you for the post. There is no new update on this. The SoundTouch 300 will still shut off after 2 hours of inactivity if not connected to a network (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and the Bluetooth pairing list is empty. If we hear of any new information, we will let he community know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

So, I have the same problem.  Is it possible that Bose has not solved this common problem after several MONTHS of people posting about it?  C'mon.  With the Soundtouch 300 and the bass module, it's like a $1600 TV speaker that only works for two hours at a time.  Who would knowingly pay for that?  I'd really like to NOT have my TV sound cut out right in the middle of something every single night. I don't hear people complaining about Sonos systems doing this. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 22, 2018

So here I am - yet ANOTHER unhappy customer experiencing the same problem.  Do I need to take this thing back and give up on BOSE forever?  The only way I can get sound at all is to have both the HDMI ARC and the optical connected.  This makes NO SENSE!  And then yes...after 2 hours boom - off goes the sound.  I was THIS close to purchasing the subwoofer and surround speakers but, if this is any indication of what I can expect, I doubt I'll invest any more money not knowing if they'll even work!  Would someone PLEASE give us a DEFINITE ANSWER on how to fix this problem once and for all?  It's obviously gone on for entirely TOO LONG! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

This was my solution: I stopped using the ARC all together. I only use OPT because my Samsung TV would lose connections to the sound bar and the Soundbar would just turn off.

1. I set up my sound bar to auto tune on when detecting sound through OPT which is turned off by default has to be done on the controller only not app.
2. Set my TV to bitstream out and set all devices connected to your TV to Bitstream also or you will not get full sound everything will be converted to only 2 Chanel.

With just these two changes it has solved all of my dislikes with this setup. When I turn in my TV and audio starts playing the sound bar will power up. And As long as it continues to receive sound it stays powered on for hours. The only down side is you will have to use the Bose remote for sound and you will have to power it off yourself from the Bose remote. But I guess you could also let it auto power off when it is no longer detecting audio I have did that a few times also.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

I have CEC set to Alternate On which resplved the issue of the Soundtouch 300 turning off after 2 hours. Initially I had issues with the TV and Soundtocuh staying connected. Take a look at this thread wshere I posted how I got it to work.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/ST-300-Remote-Control-volume-buttons-stopped-worki...