Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 Turns Off After 2 Hours

I have the same issue as others...I am connected to wifi and my Bose shuts off after two hours. Anyone have a fix?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2017

We also have this problem.  New system, only had for 4 days.

Sound turns off (arround 2 hours) have not timed it.

Happens with movies, Regular TV, Blue Ray movies, sports events.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello all,

Thank you very much for letting us know about this issue. We are currently investigating the issue and will follow up as soon as we have any news to share.

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Purchase my Soundtouch 300 at Bose store in Gilroy, CA on 9/10/17. I was using my RV at a park about 30 minutes away. After purchasing Returned to RV where I have a 50 inch TV. Connected the Soundtouch using the optical cable. After 2 hrs the unit was shutting off. On 9/11 called store and told them what was happening. They said I need to get connected to internet and do update. When I returned home I setup again using the optical cable. Then using the app on iPhone got the Soundtouch connected to internet. Right away it did an update. This seemed to have taken care of the issue. The unit has been on from morning to evening and not shut off once. I have also changed from the optical cable to the HDMI ARC and it does seem to be better.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello AllenS,

Thank you for sharing this! We're glad to hear that the update resolved this issue for you!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

I just got and hooked up the soundtouch 300 to my Samsung TV HDMI ARC and am having the same thing happen to me. After about 2hrs the sound bar will just shut off and to make it worst since it’s connected with ARC it can control my TV Also and will turn off my TV at the same time.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

I just got and hooked up the soundtouch 300 to my Samsung TV HDMI ARC and am having the same thing happen to me. After about 2hrs the sound bar will just shut off and to make it worst since it’s connected with ARC it can control my TV Also and will turn off my TV at the same time.

I do know it’s not my current setup because I just upgraded from an LG soundbar with HDMI ARC and it did not have this problem.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

New problem with Ver 16 firmware. My sound bar will no longer stay connected to my Samsung UN49KS8000 TV. Did not have this problem with Ver 15. If I unplug both my TV and soundbar from power for about 15-20 sec and reconnected to power they will work. TV will see the sound bar as a receiver with ARC and I will be able to control the soundbar volume from the TV or Bose remote. But then they will disconnect from each other again and the bose will no longer see the TV. However the TV will still see the bose but only as a standard device connected to the HDMI port.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there jose,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having.

Are you able to switch the CEC settings in the SoundTouch 300?  The instructions are as follows:

1. Locate the HDMI-CEC setting in the SoundTouch app. Connect the soundbar to your network using the SoundTouch app if it hasn't already been done.
  2. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  3. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

@Brandon_M

Yes I tried that also but no change. But after the update 16x it’s even worst now. Can’t even get my TV to stay connected to the SoundBar it will disconnect and then will not reconnect until I unplug the power form both the soundbar and the TV.

So for now I am just using an opt cable but even with holding down the power button on the remote to setup the soundbar to auto on. The sound bar does not power up when the TV turns on I still have to use the remote.