Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 Turns Off After 2 Hours

I'm having same problems got fed up waiting for bose to respond do got in touch with Samsung long conversation but upshot is I changed from.hdmo arc to.optical. I know have sound but seems only for two.hours at a time. What is going on with these soundbar and communication with TV
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi all,

There is a new setting for the SoundTouch 300 with the latest firmware update (16.x) which may assist with this issue. If you open the SoundTouch application, then to go Menu>Settings>Speaker Settings>Advanced Setup there should be an option for there "Auto-off". Can you disable this feature and re-test to see if the issue remains?

Let us know if this has any affect on the system and we can take it from there if not.

Regards,

-Michael

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Hi,

A few days ago I connected the Soundtouch 300 to a Samsung SUHD TV and everything seemed to be working or so I thought. I am finding the Soundtouch 300 turns off. This is very frustrating considering how much the system costs.

I have read a number of posts (all the way back to 2016) and do not see the final solution to this issue.

I looked at the app on my phone and see that the software version is 17.0.8. Has Bose fixed the issue in this version? 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi TarlikaP,

Thank you for your post. I'd be happy to help. Curiously, have you tried disabling the Auto-Off feature as Michael has listed above?

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

I have a 2016 Samsung 8 TV and I could not get ARC working it would work then Stop and sound bar would also shut off. I gave up and have been using OPT cable. And set sound bar to auto tune on.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

HI all

the only way we got our TV to connect through the soundbar in the end was to simply use an optical cable - this seems to have done the trick (after many frustrating hours of changing settings etc).  Just for information the guy from Samsung help was really helpful and he was the one that sorted this out for me.... worth giving them a call 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Hi Brian,

Yesterday I disabled the Auto-Off feature and noticed that the soundbar didn't turn off. I will keep monitoring this.

The Auto-off feature is to save power and supposed to act when there is no audio. In the case when one is watching TV there is always audio. So why does the soundbar turn off - that is the real question and issue.

Thanks

TarlikaP

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi TarlikaP,

That's a very good question.  There's a possibility that it would turn off due to no user input (like volume change) similar to other systems, but those other systems (like the Lifestyle V25 for instance) has an automatic turn off at 24 hours.  Let me inquire and see if I can get an answer for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Brandon - That would be great. Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Brandon,

Any progress? I just bought a soundbar 300 and it turns off every 2 hours just like everyone elses seems to do.

Buck Lowe