Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HendersonS
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Soundtouch 300 Turns Off After 2 Hours

After updating with the latest software update, my Soundtouch speaker is now turning off after 2 hours.  Just watching tv, or listening to music, it shuts off at around the 2 hour mark.  Not using game systems or other devices - just basic tv connected.  I have observed this when connected with HDMI ARC and Optical configurations, so can't necessarily pin this on ARC connection alone.  I did notice that if the speaker volume is adjusted (or probably any other command to the speaker via remote) during that time, the clock appears to reset.  But then after two hours from that point, the system turns off.   Takes a long time to test, so not sure if others have noticed this.

Would really like to see (and hear) this get fixed.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

44 REPLIES 44
James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 Turns Off After 2 Hours

Try establishing a new HDMI handshake between the two devices by unplugging the HDMI cable between them, unplugging the power to both for a minute, plugging them back in and reconnecting the HDMI cable.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi HendersonS, 

The outlet that the ST300 is connected to, doesn't have a timer on it, does it? When the system shuts down, do any of your connected devices also shut down? Can you check to see if your TV or cable box has a 2 hour sleep time set? Can you try to adjust the CEC setting on the console to "Alternate On" or "Off"? Here is the procedure to do so:

1. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  2. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC

Thank you 

HendersonS
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Brent_B: I disabled CEC on my ST300 and re-tested, but it sitll shuts off after 2 hours.  Shuts off the tv as well.  The only connections to it were power, ethernet and HDMI/ARC.  Power is not on a timer and the only device connected directly to it is the tv, which is not set to sleep.  The ST300 software version is 14.0.33...is this the most recent?  I've stopped using HDMI ARC and switched to optical for now, so that it doesn't also shut the tv off.  The ST300 continues to shut off after 2 hours even with optical connection.  Looking forward to a solution....

HendersonS
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

James_S:  I tried this. It didn't work.

BillR
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2017

Just now discovered your post. I had posted about the same problem earlier today. Same issue and also it began after I did the latest software update to my Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar.

My post is here:

community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/SoundTouch-300-Soundbar-spontaneously-shuts-off-now-that-I-have/m-p/49921#U49921

ukchris
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2017

I have the same problem, but only noticed it if I use the Soundtouch as a stand alone web radio, havent had an issue watching AppleTV (the only other signal source)

HendersonS
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Is there an update to the ST300 SW/FW yet?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi HendersonS,

Thanks for the question.  The update will be released next week for the SoundTouch 300 (and all other SoundTouch systems as well).

Thanks,

Brandon

claudio87
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

I've updated my perfectly working soundtouch 300 soundbar and now I have the same problem! It is not possible that if a movie lasts more than 2 hours, the soundbar suddenly goes off, even on bad chinese products this does not happen.

But are the updates tested before they are released? It is unacceptable that a product of this level has these issues.

When will the announced for the last week update be released?