Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MykelNeiD
Mentor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 Turns Off After 2 Hours

Probably tomorrow, 20th of July, is my guess as mentioned in the sticky post by Jason_G

claudio87
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Thanks MykelNeiD, I did not see that post. We hope well!

msun1952
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

i have the same problem around every two hours it shuts itself off and i have to press the power button for it to come back on, is this normal or it a faulty unit.

Cynthia
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

Mine does the same thing. Just purchased it late June, haven't even had it a full month. Someone please help.... In layman terms if possible, as I'm not techie at all. I also have the Acoustimass 300, when working the sound is amazing, then 2 hours in......nothing. The TV stays on, but no sound. I have to press the "ON" button twice for it to tirn back on.

claudio87
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

I did as suggested in another thread (https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Soundtouch-300-v15-update-lack-of-bass/m-p/61069#M...) and it looks like it's all right now: the soundbar does not turn off after 2 hours and the bass level sounds like usual. I no longer want to hear about updates!

HendersonS
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

I've received the latest ST300 update (version 15.0.20) and been testing while watching tv or movies over the last week.  It seems that if there is no internet connectivity, the ST300 still turns off after exactly 2 hours.  However, when connected to the internet, the system will remain on indefinately.  I've tested this multiple times using both the e-net cable and wi-fi configurations.  While I don't know why a speaker should have to be permanently connected to the internet to remain powered up longer than 2 hours, I would recommend those with this issue test this by verifying that their ST300 has internet connectivity (if using wi-fi, the wi-fi indicator will be solid white) and see if this works for you.

claudio87
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

After the remote control update procedure, I did two tests of more than 2 hours each one, with the soundbar OFFLINE, and in both cases it did not turn off, so apparently the bug has not been fixed even with the latest update. Thanks for the information, I will carefully avoid to update my ST300 again.

ThadB
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

People that have the ST300 connected to their Wi-Fi router (i.e. while the Wi-Fi light glows white) do not have the 2 hr switch off problem. 

Ardila
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

Mine is connected to the Wifi and it stills shuts off. I'm disoponted and I,m going to returned mine back since it seems that this problem has been for a while with no fix.

ThadB
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2017

The wifi is only required to update the ST300 using the soundtouch APP, which I did. Also I used the APP to make sure my settings are correct. Because once I did this the problem went away, even when I later switched off the wifi (i.e. using the soundtouch button followed by holding the 0 button until the wifi on/off toggle routine operates).