Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nimit1785
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

Soundtouch 300 V15.0.20 - no volume through ARC

Hello,

I have updated my soundtouch 300 to latest software and i am not getting any sound through HDMI ARC connector.

HDMI-CEC is set to default ON for speaker through my phone app.

LG TV LF6300 - audio out set to optical/HDMI ARC

Simplink on TV - set to ON

With above settings i am not getting sound through HDMI ARC connector. I am only getting sound through optical connector.

Do i need to reset my soundbar as part of troubleshooting?(it is painful to perform calibration again)

Your help will be highly appreciable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 V15.0.20 - no volume through ARC

Author Accepted Answer selected by nimit1785

Hi nimit1785, 

If the TV source icon was blinking green twice, it typically indicates that persistent dialog mode is enabled. Pushing the dialog button to the right of the "Bass" button on the remote should disable it. Curiously, do you have another HDMI cable we could try to see if that is causing the issue? Also, can you try to factory default the soundbar using the procedure HERE to see if that fixes it? Do you, by chance happen to have another TV that has an ARC connector? I'm really interested to see if we can isolate if this is the TV or the soundbar causing the issue. 

Thank you! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi nimit1785, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Let's see if we can get it working for you. Curiously, is this the first time you're setting it up or has this worked in the past? Can you try to power off the TV and the ST300, remove the HDMI cable between the two, unplug both the TV and ST300, reconnect the HDMI cable and then reconnect power and see if the HDMI reset helps? If this doesn't, please try to disable, and re-enable Simplink and reconnect to the ST300. Also, can you try to adjust the CEC setting on the soundbar to "Alternate On"? Here are the steps to adjust: 

1. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  2. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  3. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Please let us know if this fixes it or if you continue to have issues. 

Thank you 

nimit1785
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

Hi Brent, Thank you for getting back to me. It never worked for me and I have tried after upgrading firmware to V15.xx I have tried steps that you suggested and still no luck. TV picks up input and I can see HDMI port on TV see something connected, but still no sound. I tried to set up HDMI port on TV as sound bar but still no luck. One thing I noticed that when connected through HDMI after few minutes and no sound, when I press volume up or down button TV source LED on sound bar (second from left) was blinking twice. I am not sure what is the meaning of that LED.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by nimit1785

Hi nimit1785, 

If the TV source icon was blinking green twice, it typically indicates that persistent dialog mode is enabled. Pushing the dialog button to the right of the "Bass" button on the remote should disable it. Curiously, do you have another HDMI cable we could try to see if that is causing the issue? Also, can you try to factory default the soundbar using the procedure HERE to see if that fixes it? Do you, by chance happen to have another TV that has an ARC connector? I'm really interested to see if we can isolate if this is the TV or the soundbar causing the issue. 

Thank you! 

View solution in original post

nimit1785
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

Thank you Brent.

It turned out to be faulty HDMI ccable that shipped with system.