Soundtouch 300 + Virtually Invisible Speakers Stop working

Quiet Contributor

Soundtouch 300 + Virtually Invisible Speakers Stop working

I have the Soundtouch 300 and the virtually invisible surround speakers. The surround speakers never really worked much but then just recently I read there was an update and now they have a volume adjustment. Obviously I have not been keeping my speakers up to date or using the app. I was excited when I got them adjusted but then noticed that when I turn off the system at night and come back in the morning and turn it on (TV, satellite, soundtouch 300, xbox, etc.) the surround speakers don't work (no sound). If I turn off just the soundtouch and then back on sometimes they start working again. Other times that doesn't fix it. I have done a toggle between tv and bluetooth and that fixed it once. I am currently updating to the release from today but I am not expecting it to fix anything since it is just some legal updates or something. How do I fix my speakers?

Thanks,

Randy

6 REPLIES 6
Noisy Narrator

Re: Soundtouch 300 + Virtually Invisible Speakers Stop working

I don't see a volume adjustment that wasn't there before.  There is one for center and one for surrounds.  Do you see something else?  If so, where?  Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi Randy,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the intermittent audio, but would be happy to help!

• When the issue occurs, can you confirm that the LEDs on the wireless receivers are illuminated?
  • Have you been able to reboot the soundbar and wireless receivers by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

I'll try the reset for 30 seconds and post back with the results. In the meantime how do I update my screen name? Somehow it changed to my email address yesterday. It didn't use to be that.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

I'll reach out to you via PM to gather some info.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Randy,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the intermittent audio, but would be happy to help!

• When the issue occurs, can you confirm that the LEDs on the wireless receivers are illuminated?
  • Have you been able to reboot the soundbar and wireless receivers by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?

Warm Regards,

This appeared to work for a few days but now it is back to not working again.

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Randy,

Warm Regards,

Thanks,

Noisy Narrator

Somebody needs to fix this guy's screen name.