Nyjetfan21
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Soundtouch 300 and Acoustamass 300 Question

I would like to actually purchase this setup and need to know a simple question about this product before i purchase it. What is the actual wattage the soundbar and subwoofer actually put out.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
GuyinPA75
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 and Acoustamass 300 Question

Is this what you are looking for?

ST300 info

Input power rating: 100-240V  50/60 Hz, 65W

Acoustimass 300 info

Input power rating: 100–240V  50/60 Hz, 180W

Pulled these from the owners manual. They are available to view on each product page on Bose website.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 and Acoustamass 300 Question

Hi Nyjetfan21 and GuyinPA75,

Thank you for your inquiry! We're happy to hear that you are considering the SoundTouch 300 soundbar and Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module! This system sounds incredible!

The information @GuyinPA75 has provided is the input power rating. This information is necessary to determine compatibility with power sources (this is typically useful when using electronics internationally). 

I believe the specification you are looking for is output power (measured in Watts). We do not publish these specifications for any of our home entertainment products. This is because the unique design of our systems with integrated signal processing, cabinet design, and equalization is not completely captured by industry standard specifications. A comparison to those specifications is not practical. The important characteristics are how loud and how accurately the system or speakers play, which is why listening to the speakers is always the most effective way to underscore their performance. 

This is a major principle in which Dr. Bose founded our company upon. If you're interested in learning more, I'd recommend reading this interesting article by TechCrunch

If you're curious about the history of Bose Corporation, you can find more information here.

I understand this may not have been the exact answer you were looking for, but I encourage you to give the system a try. If purchased directly from Bose, you will receive the Bose Performance Guarantee. This allows you try the system in your home for 30 days, risk-free! 

Best regards,

Brian