Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2018

Soundtouch 300 and SA-5 cannot Video sync

Hi,

I have SoundTouch 300 connected to my TV with HDMI. Apple TV is my source of Video (mainly Netflix and Youtube).

I have SA-5 amplifier for in-ceil speakers in same room.

SoundTouch 300, Apple TV as well as SA-5 are connected through Ethernet.

When I use 'Play All' music (from Spotify) play in sync without any issues. However, when i play video in my TV and try 'Play All' with Video Sync, there is a huge delay between SoundTouch 300 audio output and SA-5 audio output. Delay is nearly 6 seconds. This makes SA-5 useless for videos.

I have tried connectivity between SoundTouch 300 and TV through Optic cable as well but helpless.

Sonos also had same problem but they fixed in recent firmware update.

Bose is aware of this problem. You can witness this issue in their outlet store at Castlerock, Colorado. It looks like this is an outstanding issue for a long time. Will Bose fix this issue? Or any suggestions/workaround for me please?

Many Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 and SA-5 cannot Video sync

Hello Prakash Srinivasan,

Thank you for posting.

When using "Play All" using a video source from your SoundTouch 300, there will be an inherit delay. You can adjust in the SoundTouch application so the audio will match, but the video will not be synced to the audio. More information on this feature using "Wired Rebroadcast" can be found HERE.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2018

Thanks @Joel_D. I am not very clear how to do this. I have Video Sync enabled but not sure how to adjust sound delays while playing video. My only problem is audio output between SA-5 and ST300 are not in-sync only when playing vidoe. Is this addressed in the link you shared? If so, can you share steps on using this option? Thanks again.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Prakash Srinivasan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you have Video Sync enabled the audio will not sync on the 2 zones. If you disable it, the audio will then match on both zones but the video will not.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2018

@Joel_D,

I have tried both. Video is just on one zone and i need audio (of video) to play on both ST300 and SA-5. How can i do that?

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello Prakash Srinivasan

Thanks for replying!  If the audio is coming from the SoundTouch 300 which is handling the video as well, you want to open the SoundTouch app.  From here, select the SoundTouch 300 system in the system tray at the bottom.  From here you will have either a Play All button or a + sign next to the SA5 which will then add to the group.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2018

@Tony_A,

I am not sure if you are understanding the problem correctly.

I have tried all of this. I know how to use 'play all'. Please can you read my initial post about this issue? I am also happy to jump on a call and explain this problem. FYI: This issue is still occuring in your outlet store at Castlerock outlet mall, Colarado. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2018

@Tony_A@Joel_D,

Its been more than a month and I don't have an update. Please can you escalate for a resolution?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2018

I see another post where @Brandon_M had suggested this will work 

Scenario 2 in https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/New-Homesetup-Soundbar-Sub-Bose-Amp-2-Ceiling-Speak...

@Brandon_M please can you help me with this issue. I am really out of solution and I am worried about it. Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello Prakash Srinivasan

Thanks for replying back, but this is actually normal operation of grouping while using a video source. The thread that Joel linked describes how this feature works.  

Thank you

Tony A