micheal.smith1024@icloud.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Soundtouch 300 and SAMSUNG tv

Hello,

I am getting VERY frustrated with my Soundtouch 300 soundbar. It keeps losing any ARC connection with my Samsung tv. I've gone through this site to find help and it seems that MANY people have found this to be a problem with both SAMSUNG and LG tv's, that BOSE has promised support or a fix, and NOT DELIVERED ON ANY OF THEIR PROMISES.

This soundbar is a GREAT piece of technology... WHEN IT WORKS. More and more I am having to unpug either the TV or the SOUNDBAR or BOTH in order to get sound to come out.

I have spent a great deal of money on this equipment and while it looks pretty, it only works part of the time, which makes it a useless paperweight.

Is there a fix? If not, when? If not ever, Why?

2 REPLIES 2
Juanage
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 and SAMSUNG tv

Have you tried it with HDMI.  I have only had mine drop out once in 18 months and changed to a samsung last year from a panasonic.

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundtouch 300 and SAMSUNG tv

Hi Michael Smith,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the ARC issues, but would be happy to help!

Let's see if we can try this particular sequence to see if we can get a little more reliability with this TV:

• First let's try a new high speed HDMI cable or the Bose HDMI cable if that's not the current cable.  
  • If that doesn't work, disable CEC on the soundbar by turning it off in the SoundTouch app
  • Now, power down the TV and soundbar and then disconnect the power cord on both devices
  • Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and wait 1 minute
  • After 1 minute, reconnect power to the TV and the soundbar
  • After powering up the devices, re-enable CEC on the soundbar by navigating back to the SoundTouch app
  • After turning CEC back on, reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and select the TV source on the Bose remote
  • At this point you should have audio from the TV.
  • If you're still not receiving any audio to the soundbar, turn off the TV with the TV remote and wait 30 seconds. 
  • After 30 seconds, try powering the TV back on with the TV remote.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support