plexgop
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Soundtouch 300 and Sony XBR 900E ARC

Getting really, really frustrated - and all this started a couple of weeks ago.

I have a SONY XBR 900E 75" TV (running Crapdroid) connected to my Soundtouch 300 Soundbar + Bass + surround speakers. When they work fine, they're great.

But recently it's become very frustrating. Whenever I switch, say, from Fire TV to XBOX and back, I seem to lose connection to the Soundbar. The TV either stops sound, or says 'no audio' and switches to TV speakers. I've tried all kinds of things, playing with the Sound section on the TV, turing them back to external speakers and back; removing/reconnecting ARC cable; powering off/on TV and Soundbar. The only thing that seems to work is physically removing the power cable from the soundbar, reconnecting, turning off the TV and turning on. TBH I'm not even sure which sequence makes it work because I keep trying and at some point it starts working. There's no particular logic that seems to stick.

Anyone know how to get consistent performance?

I have HDMI CEC to Default On (I've tried Alternate On, doesn't seem to help)

On the XBR 900E, I've set to Audio Speakers, ARC enabled, Bravia Sync Enabled.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 and Sony XBR 900E ARC

Hi plexgop,

Thank you for your inquiry. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I'd be happy to help! Also, thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've already tried. This is very helpful. 

Curiously, is your SoundTouch 300 connected to your home network (have you used the SoundTouch app with your system)?. If not, I'd recommend connecting it. This will allow you to make sure your system has the most recent updates, which may resolve any HDMI/CEC/ARC related bugs. Here are the instructions.

Please let us know if this helps! If your system's firmware is already up-to-date, let us know and we can explore further troubleshooting options. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support